Bullets not registering hits

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jet Uppercut, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Jet Uppercut

Since last night I've been having some serious issues with bullets not registering the hits on enemies I shoot.
    Hitting people standing still at point blank and the sparks pop off from the objects behind them like they weren't there but they can turn around and shoot me no problem.
    I don't get warnings from shooting friendly constructs/players either.
    It seems to happen randomly but mostly only automatic weapons do it. Semi-Auto weapons and rockets will hit on the first shot occasionally. Ammo count and heat meters act as normal, no other side effects that usually come with extreme lag or packet loss.
    Wasn't TKing anybody so I don't think it's any kind of grief prevention. I would assume a message would pop up if it was.
    Playing on Briggs.
    Character is VS.
    Will provide more details as required.
  2. IronSpaghetti

I am getting this issue as well. It is a periodic problem but is rather frustrating when you can see the bullets go right through the person and you end up dieing because of it. On Matherson server.
  3. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

Are both of you seeing this on characters that are standing still only?
  4. khord

I can speak for myself, standing still at the time of shooting but running until a split second before. Emptied what felt like a full clip (more likely half) into his face from 3 feet away and nothing registered. Only happened once in a 3 hour session that I noticed.
  5. DeltaGun

This used to happen frequently in beta when two people are shooting at eachother and both are strafing.

I havn't noticed it lately. If you're using a shotgun or a rocket luancher, you can really tell your shots aren't landing 100% of the time they appear to on screen.
  6. Jet Uppercut

I was firing against a group of NC storming Eisa yesterday from one of the inside facing machine gun turrets and it didn't hit a single one of them. Then after they had all run off inside a building a Heavy Assault popped out and aimed his Shrike at me and he was the only thing I was able to hit in about half an hour of play.
    I am constantly experiencing this bug where my bullets don't register but last night it was the worst where absolutely nothing I shot hit anything at all for half an hour straight.
  7. franchised

happened to me in mani not more than 10 minutes ago, it happened 3 times in there and i finally just logged because of it. cycles yes they were standing or crouching still, and I know my bullets should have hit them as the muzzle of my gun as in there back or head from point blank range, i fired a full clip each time into them and they then turned around and shot me to death, i even tried knifing and that didn't work, also sometimes knifing doesn't register for me, but this bullets not registering is brand new.
    also just so you know the 2nd time this happened i ended up going through the full clip into a max with no hit detection, i then somehow reloaded before being killed and found my shots were hitting him this time. so reloading seems to fix it.
  8. Jet Uppercut

Reloading definitely didn't fix it for me last night. I resupplied, changed classes, logged off, restarted my computer, turned off my router for a minute. Pretty much every possible common 'Technical Support' answer I could think of and none of it worked.
    Just now though, instead of my bullets not working, I lost my ability to use the Jetpack on Light Assault. I even rebinded the jump key to other buttons to try and fix it on top of everything else and it still did not work. The special functions of the other classes worked and even changing the loadout etc. Didn't give me my jetpack back.
    My ATV also got sucked through some stairs into a spot where I couldn't recover it but the printscreen function took a picture of my desktop instead of what was happening in game for some reason so I can't post the picture.
  9. Iksniljiksul

Confirmed. I noticed this since the last patch. Doesn't matter if either object is moving or not, there is no damage dealt. I was suspect about it playing INF until I saw it working to a huge effect while bursting on aircraft with a MAX. Seems to happen randomly, and is a one-sided problem, since I die just fine. This isn't my normal problem of "lag" magically spraying my bullets anywhere but that which I aim, that's a whole other issue.
  10. Wadziu

Had this heppen to me once yesterday, but I was on the recieving end of someones gun. Dude flanked me when I was hidding and capping point, shoot whole magazine right into me, I was like "WTF I am immortal!" then I killed him, turned around and saw 30 bulletholes in the wall right in the place where I was standing.
  11. SuperLexatron

This is why you should use lasers...

Get with the times man!
  12. DankFist

Happening to me too. Except neither I nor the opposing players were standing still. No lag what-so-ever on my end, either.
  13. Opapanax

No enemy player collision just makes this issue shine brighter..

Without collision, there may be times where you think you're right behind or next to your target when you are actually "inside" of them and there for your bullets never got the chance to hit them.

IDK but its gotten more finnicky over time. Unloading entire clips into people and not getting one single hit marker. Happens on all classes from Infitrator-MAX. Doesn't happen EVERY time but often enough to make you gain a bit of rage when you know for the most part you were putting some good rounds on target and getting nothing..

I almost want to say I get this occurance more so when ADS'ing rather than hip-fire. But I'll have to be more observant of it to really tell...
  14. Tigue

I've had a handful of times I've seen this happen as well. Generally it seems to be while attempting to fire on moving targets but I've also seen it happen once or twice when I've gotten the 'drop' on an unsuspecting player. Stinks when it happens since you're totally sure you're going to take the enemy down only to fire 15 or so shots at them, see absolutely no damage taken, and then have them turn around and waste you.
    Seems like hit registration gets wonky at times.
  15. hostilechild

Had this happen off and on in the past. Typically i can see them they are moving (right at me) almost point blank so shouldn't be missing. Happens as sniper also, but as sniper i can say well maybe they moved but on my screen they were still there at 200-300m. But as infantry inside its annoying to open up on someones back to have them turn around and kill you in a splitsecond because the hits didn't register. Before last night it might happen 1 in 20 respawns (yes dieing/redeploy typically made it go away).
    But last night it went on for almost 30 minutes, i could hit people with rockets, c4, prox mines. But bullets from any gun, any respawn were hitting like 1 in 10 (at close range). Finally just gave up and logged off in frustration. I went 1 for 30 during this timeframe, marked ton of 29pt assists(bonus boost). Typically i am 4-1 as infantry. These were not big fights but what i would call medium size where i could still see targets 50m off. (definitely had some ghosting of enemies at times, but overall wasn't bad)
  16. TheCornHoler

This was the first time I ever had the issue. It was most obvious when I was "sniping" with my carbine and the target was standing still. I noticed that I didn't seem to see the "tracers" on several shots. Though if I fired at a wall or something close to me, it would show the bullet impact decal. I was on Waterson playing as TR.
  17. Daimond

This happened to me a 10-15 times over the last few days. I run as a Sniper, so all of them were when they stoped moving, and were attempted head shots. They dont seem to regester at all even on there side, as number of times I crack one off in there head with my LA80 and they still standing there firing at some one els, give them another to the head, and nothing, they move about a bit and do there thing, as though they didnt even know they got hit.
    I have all so seen it when an enemy sniper and I line each other up, I take a shot amied at his head gun starts to reciol and I drop dead, but mine never regestered as he still alive and undamaged.
  18. Dornez

I had this happen last night. Snuck up on a VS sniper and put 30 rounds into his back, He casually stood up and walked away.
  19. Jaloro

Noticed this happening a few times, its very annoying.
  20. hostilechild

I kind of understand why this can happen as a sniper and had it happen a good bit. My "circle" of reference for players/enemies and the person i shoot at's "circle" of reference are not the same group of players. If i am outside that circle he doesn't know i exist and therefor i can't hurt him even though he is in mine. Kind of like in tech plant fights where people appear 5 feet away (grenades/mines) work but you can't hit them until you both register in each others "circle of reference". Just a guess but makes sense for sniper but not infantry.