Bullet drop / hold breath changes since last update?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by schapand, Apr 11, 2015.

1. schapand

There is much less bullet drop since the new update. After shooting over a few heads at 300+ meters yesterday a trip to the VR space demonstrated there is no need to adjust up for the long shots. I don't see this as a nerf of a buff just different. I think the "hold breath" is shorter tho...it felt like there was less time to make final adjustments before sending out the shot.

My rig: TR RAMS/12X scope/hand grip
  2. AnuErebus

It's likely not a bullet drop issue it's a head hitbox issue. The top half of the head isn't registering any hits at the moment. It's an old bug that likes to resurface every few patches.
    • Up x 1
  3. Fry_Poncho

I felt the same thing. I was using an M-77B, and i had to put the crosshair directly on a target to hit them. I was shooting beond 150 meters, although i dont know the exact length. It was really weird. :confused:
  4. Iridar51

I noticed this with Blackhand when was testing it in VR, but I attributed it to large starting CoF. But I did have a weird feeling that it had something to do with center red dot being out of center.
  5. MasterTater

Yes you noticed right. The game physics were changed and have major impact on the bulletdrop of most weapons, specially those with high bulelt velocity.

This means that the faction specific advantage of no or almost no bullet drop was given to all factions.

=> TR now got higher mag size, RoF + almost no drop on high velo weaps (while still maintaining the lowest recoil on most weapons)
    => NC now got highest dmg per shot + + almost no drop on high velo weaps

=> VS ??? Don´t ask me what they got as advantage - they are not even stuck in the middle - cause then they would have larger mags than NC and higher dmg than TR - which they actually dont have.

"No bullet drop" was never a real advantage as it only accounted after 50 meters where you do not hit after the second shot anyway in ANY firemode except single tab shots + VS has the highest dmg decrease overrange on top.
    Furher most infantry fights I would say 85% are under that fighting range and above that range you would use a sniper where VS was taken away the faction trait of no drop.

But hey who cares -

Game dies anyway atm - broken - unbalanced and full of bugs - but worst an amazingly increasing number of hackers.