bugusing air units

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ragnarox, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Ragnarox

We cannot lock Reaver, Mosquito and Scythe and ppl are bugusing that like hell. Seeing only that kind of air units today. So its time to seriously ban ppl for 3,4 days.
  2. FateJH

how is esf bugused?
    how player get banned?
  3. Ragnarox

how? simply there is a bug that prevents you from lock on esf's. its not bug on the weapons because you can lock on galaxies and liberators and all ground units but not esf's. And thats a buguse. Seen so many esf's today and zero liberators.
    And thats for ban, bugusing. Got it now?
    Ban for 3,4 days to cool off.
  4. LibertyOne

I'm gonna' have to draw the exploit line here at actually using game-provided equipment. If just pulling an ESF results in the problem, with no other action on the part of the driver, then that really can't be called an exploit. Telling people to not pull something because it's bugged is unreasonable. Either turn them off or fix them fast.
    • Up x 1
  5. RobotNinja

I've seen some dumb posts on the PS2 forums before but...

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  6. Cyrek

What the OP is trying to explain is true, something broke the Lock-on launchers when seeking high speed vehicles like ESF, the problem looks like the server is being unable to catch up with the client.
  7. GaBeRock

That's hardly the fault of the ESF player. We may as well ban people using rocket launchers, because wifh clientside hit detection even a stock dumbfire can instagib an esf with no chance to fire suppression because the burn damage kills it.
  8. RobotNinja

Yeah...we already know that. It's already been discussed in multiple threads. But saying anyone who pulls an ESF should be banned is just plain stupid. People who were using the auto-repair bug or the lib biodome exploit, that was obvious and intentional cheating. Being sporadically immune to lockons because of a game bug, isn't an intentional exploit.
  9. z1967

So, I am kinda interested, has anyone tried testing this yet? I do want to know whether or not it is a repeatable bug before I jump to conclusions (I would test it myself but I am out of town for a few days).
  10. minhalexus

I run Racer + AB, which can effectively out-run lockons if you are about 150m away initially, giving the lock-on user false impressions that it will hit me.
  11. Chrispin

i can confirm all ESDs area bunch of bugusers. i cannoy stand it anymore! i saw a bugures flying around today and trying to lock on him but then it stop working ramdonly ... FFFUUUUUUUUUUU
    • Up x 1
  12. Aerius

I see Google Translate still hasn't perfected Moron to English.

On topic: I was wondering why there were so many Scythes on Emerald today. Now that I know it's only due to a bug I'm quite saddened, it was nice to have at least 1 day where Reavers didn't outnumber Scythes 5973409573409534 to 1
    • Up x 1
  13. DFDelta

I actually like that bug. :eek:
    Maybe the heavies will finally learn to hit with dumbfires.

Every time I see a HA stand around for 6~ish seconds and try to lock onto a hovering stealth ESF in a comfortable 30 meter distance I want to find that guy and smack him.