[BUG] Bugs starting to get tiresome now...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PrincessFrosty, Dec 11, 2012.

1. PrincessFrosty

In no particular order (although important bugs marked in caps)

1) FLICKER BUG, the graphics spaz out and the world flickers, often the frame rate crawls to a halt and you need to restart planetside, happens way less frequently bug still occurs with extended play.

2) A large number of my medpacks do not work, I apply them, my health jumps up to max and then back down to what it was before (no I'm not being hurt), sometimes I'll heal to max and health will drop a few bars as well, again not being hit. Tends to happen in batches so you'll heal, it wont work and then you pop another and that won't work, rinse and repeat.

3) Cockpit view fails to work sometimes, can be fixed by toggle on/off behind view or enter/exit vehicle but annoying all the same.

4) Sound in cockpit view stops working, annoying.

5) Respawn map randomly selecting points miles away from the fight by default when there's ones much closer, frustrating to keep having to change this over and over.

6) Crashing when alt tabbing on windows 8, alt tab is a basic feature of the OS and the game should support this, currently you can alt tab out but back in fails, lame.

7) Invisible or near invisible infiltrators on low graphics settings, they need to be as easy to see as med/high

8) Render issues inside tech plants, large fights result in about 80% of the enemies not being drawn inside intense tech plant fights, this breaks these fights completely.

9) I seem to have a performance issues in recent patches with what feels like sprites being rendered while I'm zoomed in, basically if a gun uses a scope of any kind and an explosion or something happens which uses a 2D sprite like smoke then frame rate harshly drops.

10) WIDESCREEN - this needs ******* fixing, the widescreen in vehicles is BROKEN and it's REALLY LAME, many of us used the widescreen fix tool that was released by the fine fokes at www.widescreengamingforum.com but now we're being threatened by SOE that we'll be banned for it's use, this situation is absolutely unacceptable.

11) HUD for afterburner in mossie (and maybe other ESF) basically doesn't work very well, it doesn't track properly what you have left, you need to essentially guess.

12) INSTANT REPAIR BUG - It is completely unreasonable that there is a bug which allows some people under some circumstances to heal things to max health INSTANTLY, this happens on tanks and turrets alike, some people are able to reproduce this consistently making them a near impossibility to kill when they're abusing it with tanks.

13) The Stronghold cap time - The Stronghold base has a CP of 2 people and with 2 people there and lots of influence I swear that base takes about 8-10 minutes to cap, this is unusually large compared to the surrounding bases, this needs fixing.

14) Sticky grenades and C4 placed on shields damage enemies through them, allowing campers to kill people inside protected spawn rooms.

15) Medic beams sometimes render constantly even when the medic has stopped healing resulting in a beam which stretches out through objects, reveals peoples positions etc.

16) Constant firing of some units - Some set of circumstances can cause units to constantly fire all the time without reloading, the client doesn't see it but everyone else does, I've seen this happen to troops shooting automatic guns, to lightnings constantly shooting and even a reaver with what looks like infinite rocket pods, the projectiles are rendered but don't do damage (THANKFULLY), this bug is fairly rare.

17) Odd issues with falling - Several odd issues exist while falling, sometimes being ejected from a galaxy will result in cratering rather than landing safely. Some areas of the map like the corner of the railings inside an amp station (near the vehicle terminals) will allow you to enter free fall while standing on the object which picks up speed quickly and results in you cratering from only 3 ft off the floor. Falling/sliding while standing on top of CP also occurs it seems and for some strange reason sends your frame rate through the floor.

18) Grenades - Grenade throw arc is still messed up they do not throw center meaning you look like you're about to hoss one through a doorway and it bounces off often doing massive amounts of team damage.

19) Concussion grenades - Occasionally these concuss you when thrown even if you're really far away from the explosion.

20) AMS deploy radius doesn't seem to match up that well with the one drawn on the map, often i'll be outside all other radius's by a good 5% and it still wont let me deploy, the map needs to be accurate.

21) Several instances around the world of the minimap showing troop weapon terminals inside buildings that do not really exist, I can't remember off the top of my head where these are but I've noticed it in at least 2 different places.

22) Some liberator weapons do not give sound effects when hitting tanks, i've been inside a prowler many times and had my health drop off in huge chunks with no actual visual or audio feedback to indicate I'm being hit.

23) Kill feedback - When you die to someone quite often one of the following will occur, the person who killed you does not render, their weapon damage does display a weapon (this tends to happen when you one get one shot by someone, somehow) you just spontaneously die, it tells you who did it but you INSTANTLY took 100% damage from apparently no weapon.

24) We STILL have to log out and then back in to activate purchased weapons, this is ********.

25) Severe warping can occur, I don't know if this is someone with either a bad ping or who is deliberately throttling their upload/download bandwidth or artificially adding in latency, but some people consistently warp around they flicker around the world and are next to impossible to hit, yet seem to have no trouble hitting you, it's not client side because it appears this way to all players.

26) CPU usage - Still absolutely terrible, I consider <40% CPU usage during CPU limited battles to be a very large bug, still a lot of work to do here.

27) Landing gear on aircraft sometimes constantly go up/down, even on libs near flight ceiling who are 100's of meters off the ground do this.

28) Fake/ghost images on the mini-map, I thought these might infiltrator grenades that cause distractions but I see it with all kinds of vehicles as well, chasing down ghost images of mag riders and stuff like that, often happens in the middle of nowhere where there's unlikely to be any infiltrators.

29) Night vision reveals infiltrators, it shouldn't really.

30) Tanks switch turn direction when reversing, but if you stop and move forward slightly the reverse controls can end up sticking until you release the key.
  2. forddefect

31) friendly units rendered as enemy units, during large battles, not often but someone who was completely different class,character and faction when I begin to open fire.

32) gd-23 certs still not available.

33) iron sight don't alway display when you ads.

34) using left and right cockpit look reverts inverted controls until released.
    • Up x 1