Bug NC15 Phoenix strange behavior of the rocket

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Werkitten, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Werkitten

This happens regularly, but it is unpredictable and unclear what it depends on. When fired from the NC15 Phoenix rocket launcher (the one that is controlled manually by telenavedenie) a couple of meters before the target, the rocket suddenly turns to the side at a very large angle. This can happen even if the mouse is completely motionless, for example, it is lying on the table without contact with the hand. In addition, this angle of rotation (about 90) for this rocket is not possible in normal condition. At the same time, I have never seen this in the training room, only when shooting at a player. In addition, this never happens at the initial part of the trajectory, only at the last moment before the collision with the target. About one in 10 shots. This does not affect the noticeable way, but it is not an isolated case, but rather a frequent occurrence, it is very unpleasant when the target goes away from the shot because of this problem.
  2. Zegahg4m3r

There might be two possibilities:
    1. The rocket is being shot down in the last second before it hits the target, since phoenix missiles are the only type of rocket that can be shot down. If a player shoots it, the missile changes it trajectory
    2. If it is not shot down, then yeah it's a bug and/or packet loss
    • Up x 1
  3. Werkitten

Option 1 is highly unlikely. In addition, the rocket is not destroyed, but changes its trajectory. A couple of times I even managed to point it at a different target in such a situation.
  4. Talthos

As far as I know, Phoenix missiles are not destroyed when shot; it just forces them to veer in a seemingly random direction.

Pretty sure yours is getting hit in this manner; it's not as hard as you might think (Kobalts are especially good at spamming bullets at incoming Phoenix missiles).
    • Up x 1
  5. Werkitten

Perhaps it is. After watching more closely, I came to the same conclusion.