Bug: Jumpjets upgrades not working

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Wildclaw, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Wildclaw

The Light Assault class has a fairly severe bug limiting their upgrading potential.

Currently the only Jumpjet upgrade that works is the one for 1 certificate. Once you have gotten that, any further upgrades will not add extra duration or regeneration rate.

It is possible that the same problem exists for the Drifter jets as I have seen one report mention that even upgraded its duration is fairly low. But I haven't been able to confirm due to the cert costs involved.
  2. Copasetic

They do work but the UI isn't updated properly. The UI will tell you you're out of gas while the jetpack only gives out 2 or 3 seconds later. It's the same problem for regeneration, the jetpack will be back to 100% before the UI bar reaches full.

Try jetting straight up beside a building or something you can measure height with, then equip a level 3 or 4 jetpack and do it again. I'm pretty sure you'll end up a lot higher, even if the UI lies to you.
  3. BlueWaffle

I think this is a similar problem to the magburner UI not showing it recharging. Once you spent it it only shows when you leave the vehicle and get back in. Make sure you report such bugs in game using the support button in the bottom left of the menu screen :) In game bug reporting will get more attention than posting on the forums.

Oh and ofc you are equipping the upgrades after you purchase them right?
  4. Wildclaw

No they do not work.

It doesn't matter if you have upgraded your Jetpack 1,2,3,4 or 5 times. In all cases, if you burn your full jetpack to get to maximum height, you will fall down and end up with 2 health bars left. (if you have upgraded 0 times you won't reach as far though)
  5. Wildclaw

Thanks. Didn't know about the in game bug reporting. Have to find it.

Anyway, It is not a GUI error. It is very easy to test if you have an existing LA with multiple upgrades as well as an alt that you can test without any upgrades and with a single cert upgrade.You will immediately notice that your alt can go exactly as high as your main if you spend a single point into the jumpjets.
  6. Krona

Pretty sure they aren't working.

I've got rank 4 and a guy in my outfit with rank 1 can follow me to places where I'm out of fuel.
  7. Copasetic

Just did some more testing an yup, you're right. There's no difference between level 2 and level 4. So both the UI and the jetpack itself are broken :/
  8. DarkNeuron

Bump. I'm at rank 5 and I'd rather have this fixed sooner than later.
  9. SavePrivateRyan

I would like to know if this is still the case, I think soo because I tested it with a friend 2 weeks ago and we came to the same conclusion though I don't know if it is fixed already.

I have a video showing this problem.

Also I would like to know if there are other certs that don't do anything let it know if you find out more about this.

Thanks a lot
    SavePrivateRyan
  10. Zazen

Level 3-5 have absolutely no effect, zero, nada, zip, zilch. Level 1,2 and 6 do have an effect, whether the net effect of level 6 is equal to the cumulative total indicated by the tooltips from 1-6 inclusive is hard to calculate without the raw data, the little indicator seems to be flawed.. It's been proven with video and can be tested very easily.
  11. SavePrivateRyan

Is there any news about this bug and are we the only ones to have found it? I realy would like to know when my certs are having effect or not and if I should keep putting this in the bug section or not?

SavePrivateRyan