[BUG] Corsair Boat - Speed Chassis

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Amador, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Amador

After an amount of comparing and contrasting research to assess the overall standard by which most vehicles are influenced by the "Speed/Racer Chassis" upgrade, it has been observed and determined that vehicles should encounter a 10 KPH increase up from their normal speed...

With that standard in mind, I feel inclined to report the following disparity for the Corsair:
    • Corsair Speed Chassis BUG -
      It has been determined that the Speed Chassis upgrade for the Corsair boat does not meet the minimum 10 KPH speed increase standard as expected - especially for such an upgrade that costs 500 certs.

It has been observed that the "Standard Speed" of a Corsair is indicated at 109 KPH average, whereas the Speed Chassis is indicated at 116 KPH average. Resulting in only a 7 KPH difference which is below the intended 10 KPH increase.

The Corsair must be adjusted to have its "Standard Speed" reach an average speed of 110 KPH, and the Speed Chassis reach an average speed of 120 KPH respectively to meet expectations.

(NOTE: This observation was based upon the indicated speed as presented by the HUD, under the presumption that such information is indeed true and correct.)
    Because there is currently a PTS live build, I have decided to expedite and list my findings in hopes that these issues are promptly resolved by the next immediate patch or update. Thank you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    (SIDE NOTE: I am also currently looking into another disparity, where the Corsair boat incurs a reduction in top speed for the sake of increased turning rate via the "Agility Chassis". I find this particularly odd... Because no other vehicle in Planetside [that I can recall] must sacrifice its "Standard Speed" performance simply to obtain faster turning. All chassis upgrades should be considered an improvement from baseline performance. Although to test such would be a hassle at this time, as I must spend my own certs for something I do not intend to currently use.)