[Suggestion] Buffing TR MAX Chain Gun CoF.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Klondor, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Klondor

Title pretty much says it.

Most of the time, i find the TR's MAX chain guns lacking some killing power. Their cone of fire seems to harsh for their damage model compared to it's Sister max on the VS. VS of course sporting lower rates of fire, but higher accuracy and damage to compensate. I may not have too much time played as a max (for good reason), i can't help but notice that when i'm trying to kill my target, it can take anywhere from 3 to 6 seconds for a kill on a non-heavy assault target at ranges between 15 to 30 meters. Granted you're almost never guaranteed a still target, aiming at my targets is easy enough, but most of my shots just pass harmlessly around them, giving them ample time to not only bring out their C4, and have time to throw it down before i kill them, or whipping out their rocket launcher and hip-firing a rocket into me without any worry.

I'm not going to bother going into discussion about lockdown because the extra rate of fire does give me the chance to throw enough sh*t at the wall so something can stick. My suggestion is that to help TR MAXes actually pose a threat, just tighten the cone of fire values to be less intolerable. I'm not asking for a massive tweak but one that's noticeable enough but wont completely break their balance.

Your thoughts?
  2. ShinyAfrox

I would wait until they remove charge and change ZOE. Without charge NC maxes are not going to have an escape button nor be able to charge into the middle of a room and skip having to waddle into the middle of a firefight taking a load of damage before they remain effective.

VS max i have no idea man but we will see.
  3. CommanderC2121

As someone wbo has used and fought the TR max, please god no
  4. CrimsonEclipse5

This goes for all maxes. Not just TR. Past 10m, TTK spikes dramatically to the point where you are better off charging straight at the ene- WAIT A SECOND

I've been trying to get into playing MAX more in recent playsessions, and even having fully certed kinetic armour, at the ranges you describe I will frequently lose half my health to a single infantryman plinking me with small arms.

From what I can tell, DBG either A) have a total rework planned for MAXes, or B) They hate us.
  5. Liewec123

i feel that maxes should be fairly restricted to close range, but they should be far tankier than they currently are,
    they should be the armoured beasts that enter a room with their CQC superiority, unfearing of getting instagibbed by planetmans.

you still can play longer ranged AI, mercys, blueshifts and mattocks with slugs are all very effective for longer ranged engagements, especially when stationary and crouched.
  6. Planeswalker

Well, the maxes atm are at a spot where they should be I guess. They are only good if they hold a room with a pocket engineer. I still laugh at newbies who pull maxes to fight at ranges > 30 metres and I can easily empty my 200 round magazine at their faces before they can even remove my shields.

There is a time and space for everything, and MAXes are only meant to be used in close quarter, and thats why NC maxes are still the king of maxes
  7. Corezer

...good job... good f***ing job....
  8. StaHoo33