Buffing Light Assault in differned way

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by omfgweeee, Nov 20, 2015.

1. omfgweeee

Thats sounds good - spoting to triger this kind of ability but i think must stay squad locked.
  2. Iridar51

It's not about "well this would be a new thing and new things are bad!". It's about "this is a terrible thing because it locks a part of the equipment. for some people, permanently".

I don't even understand why I have to explain how terrible this idea is. It is on the level of "give up jet pack for duel wielding".
  3. Demigan

I really dislike making it squad-locked.

I would prefer other boundaries. Such as having a certable maximum distance the wireframe is visible of up to 50m distance for instance. Teamplay should not be exclusive to squads and platoons. The best team games are the one's where teamwork goes naturally. You can team up with a random for one minute, do some stuff and then split up only to team up with 3 other guys a minute later. Strategy and capability are the main factors here, and players should be able to use these almost naturally while having multiple options to chose from, each with a different risk/reward factor.
    Don't lock randoms out of teamplay. It creates a forced environment where you have to join squads, but if you accidentally end up fighting next to someone in another squad/platoon (which in PS2 is almost guaranteed) you suddenly are hampered in your teamplay? That's not right!
  4. OldMaster80

I agree, but still the effectiveness is brutally dependent on the fighting ground. Being able to reach high spots does not help indoor, where LA are basically like an Engineer.

Imho what has to be emphasized is the role of "Spec OP". This should imho come as a permanent thermal vision that should be activated with the Skill button. It totally makes sense for a classe relying on surprise attacks and that already has smoke grenades.
    A buff to Flashbangs (shorter fuse, bigger radius) should also be more than enough the put LA in line with what players expect from an Assault class.