Buffing Light Assault in differned way

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by omfgweeee, Nov 20, 2015.

1. omfgweeee

Gazilion topics on "buff LA" was made and all of them have somehow suggestions that are strict to the game.

After watch some other shooting games with abilities i think something like this will fit LA perfect:

After get 5 kill streak LA can use X-ray vision and all in his squad sees enemys like this :

from 0:59 to 1:07 is what i mean.

This will give LA purpose to be in squad, and give him some squad ability which fits him. Maybe something like "The higher you are vision radius gets biger" will make this ability even more awesome and skill dependent.
  2. Beerbeerbeer

The light assault needs more "utility," OR the HA needs a nerf. Not a nerf in the sense of stripping shields from it, just a drawback (that other classes are burdened with) for having so much capability.

I don't care which one is done as they are the same means to an end in the overall scheme of things. Nerfing HA is a buff to LA IMO.

I suggested a utility grenade launcher, non-lethal grenades only. Smoke is the default one and the others can be purchased, 1000 certs or whatever DBC.
  3. Iridar51

Why the killstreak requirement? Only MLG LAs allowed to use this ability / tool? Would be kinda funny if HA could equip his launcher only after killstreak..
  4. Pikachu

Jetpack needs to be fast and fun. Something like space marine without the down strike. Also all 3 jetpacks merged to one with different 'firing modes'. One of them should be Iron Man style real flight.
    • Up x 2
  5. Gundem

[IMG]

KILLSTREAKS ACTIVE

AIRSTRIKES ACTIVE
  6. omfgweeee

Kill streak because more like an ultimate, and will make a difference between good and bad LA.

This kind of ability is even stronger than infils dildos and imo if you can use it all the time will be OP.
  7. AxiomInsanity87

Free esp after 5 kills lol.

A resounding 8/10.

Would prefer no clip.
  8. Iridar51

So slap a cooldown or energy or ammo on it. Killstreak is incredibly arbitrary. No other class forced into this.
  9. Cheetoh

Why LA?

That's something I would expect the pulses from recon darts should accomplish.
  10. Gundem

Gonna get technical on ya here and say that technically, the HA is to some degree when you use the Adrenaline Shield.

Kinda the same, but not the same, but still the same.

*yes, I agree with you, arbitrary prerequisite is arbitrary.
  11. Iridar51

Adrenaline comes with full energy and generates that energy passively as well, and not at too slow of a rate.
    NMG without upgrades recharges in 60 seconds, 45 with full upgrades. Adrenaline without kills recharges in same 60 seconds, so not much of a penalty, really.
  12. Liewec123

i know icarus needs a big buff for sure:
    remove the hangtime, you go up fast, you come down fast.
    add directional thrust, if you're standing still you boost straight up, if you're holding a direction you'll thrust up and in that direction.
    add an effect similar to safe landing rank 1.
  13. CNR4806

Before commenting on anything else, killstreak has always been an incredibly stupid idea.

Killstreak helps the guy who's already butchering his opposition butcher even more enemies, when this kind of aid, if available at all, should be applied the other way around.

Seriously, go away.
  14. FateJH

Kill streaks had only one purpose in PlanetSide Classic and that was capping off the progression from one level of a (kills oriented) Merit Commendation to the next. Everything else was behind a certifcation, then perhaps a timer, or, rarely, a character progression rank.

Having said that, your idea is reduced to nothing but overglorified eyecandy when reminded that Infiltrators have both motion spotters and recon darts, the latter of which can be spammed, and both of whcih are visible to everyone in a faction.
  15. Azawarau

I really cant understand the light assault thing still

The utility of having the high ground is incredible

Not against it or anything but i dont understand it
  16. Iridar51

It's the only thing we have. Other classes get multiple things, like passive abilities and different tools, as well as unique access to equipment.

The only unique things we have are smoke and flash grenades, which are both total crap.

Current LA feels incomplete and unfinished. Due to lack of team utility, LA is not desired in organized play. We can kill infantry, that's all. All classes can kill infantry. Sure, only LA kills infantry like LA, but other classes bring some unique things, like AA / AV capabilities of HA, for example.

I'd be the first to say how useful can LA be for his team, in both organized and unorganized gameplay, but majority doesn't see it, and doesn't change the fact that LA is very restricted and stripped of feautures.
    • Up x 1
  17. omfgweeee

So LA can be the 1st one. Cmon stop stay sticked to this game mechanics, get more open minded. I like killstreak stuff ( and i`m not neither COD or BF fan i havent play them ) because you must put some effort to use your thinks. Isnt it boring to have everything unlocked in respawn?
  18. omfgweeee

Imo Infils kills LA most of the time (sniping on roof targets that think they are safe is easy)
  19. Azawarau

I dont run large teams but organized offensives usually means light assault for my outfit.

We do suicide valk drops on enemy sunderers and convoys or have a high/far off spawn beacon to float into any base we cant and attack

I can see how they lack utility for alot of the kind of straight forward combat people tend to play though

What kind of utilities would be practical/useful for LA?

(For the grammar ***** out there>I know i spelled alot incorrectly. Its part of a running joke)
  20. Demigan

Why base it on kills?

Just add a enhanced HUD ability. Any player spotted by the LA will get a wireframe around them regardless of cover. This means all friendly players can track these wireframes and shoot stuff as it appears, assuming the target is still spotted that is.

Putting it behind a 5-kill wall is not exactly good for the game, as no other ability requires it and what the hell is that thing powered with? Enemy hate on LA's?