Buff to burst weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HerpTheDerp, Dec 21, 2013.

1. HerpTheDerp

Really? Four times more accurate than default when ADS-moving?

Does SOE realize there are autofire mice out there?
  2. Zazulio

What, exactly, is the point of an "autofire" mouse? Is it that big of a deal to just click?
  3. Hatesphere

I had a mouse with a 3X click button for a while, it really wasn't all that great. most of the time the macro clicks faster then the game can register, due to hard coding in a weapons performance.
  4. LordCreepy

Burst fire weapons are hardcoded to not go above their designed rpm.
    Simple clicking is usually enough to reach those levels.
  5. Being@RT

What's "four times more accurate" anyways?

Most guns are around the 18-22% accuracy average,.. I doubt burst fire weapons end up at 72-88% now.
  6. Epic High Five

I dunno, I still cant get them to work for me. I do better even with the Warden than I do with any of the bursts.
  7. Kulantan

COF
  8. LordCreepy

I do quite good with the sabr actually.
    Even though I forced it and used the gun in cqc fights like biolabs to get the last 80 kills to auraxium.
    I have yet to try the trac5 burst.

Actually burst fire weapons are great as long you don't have to hipfire.
    I also tried the NC rifle forgot its name - Gauß rifle burst or something - worked really great too and had insane bullet velocity .
  9. Being@RT

Yeah, CoF, bloom, etc.. all play a part in the final accuracy %.

So just because CoF gets quartered doesn't mean accuracy is now four times as much.

Sure, these changes will make the burst variants better... if they were to remain exactly equal except without automatic fire mode, they shouldn't even exist. Not too many people used them before to begin with (Sabr-13 perhaps exception, but it's also exceptional in that it has no 'parent' gun it's a variant of), so clearly the playerbase thought them inferior.

----

Nitpick:
    How much is one times more?

If we assume that's twice as much, then four times more would be five times as much, meaning almost 100% accuracy :p
  10. Necron

I was using the Gauss Rifle Burst just last night: First shot... accurate... second shot, not so much.
  11. PanzerShrimp

four times? lol?
  12. Goretzu

RSI, believe me if you get it you won't want it. :eek:

Not sure how useful it would be in this example though.
  13. PanzerShrimp

They rarely work, as some one said games these days are coded to keep there RPM, you actually don't even need the mouse to do this, you can use software, but again thats considered hacking and its not the type of hack you can hide.
  14. Goretzu

No one will ban you for non-exploitative macroing, for one it would negate the use of most of the gaming keyboards and mice out there and for two it would seriously discriminate against disabled gamers, and for three it's pretty much impossible for them to detect what is going on without on-PC software anyway.

Automated macroing and BOTs are a different kettle of fish, of course.