BUFF the shield sundies.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rooklie, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Rooklie

TL;DR -> No one pulls sundies cause it's a pain in the ***, cause they are hard work, they aren't fun, and they die so easily in particular to *cough* liberators *cough*.

This means, if you keep an eye on the map outside of prime time, that it becomes static, no one pulls a sundy, no one starts a fight, except some exceptions.

So BUFF the vehicles which are at the heart of this game if only because they allow all the players in a given zone to spawn and to spawn again. No sundies, no fights.

BUFF the sundies and make them more fun to use, so more people can use them and we can all enjoy having more fights all around the map.

That's the reason you don't see many people pulling sundies.

You see many people pulling everything else, from tanks to air, but people (and by people I obviously don't mean every single player, I mean most people) simply don't pull sundies.

There's a few scenarios where people do;

1. ops with outfit and/or public squad/platoon with a leader

2. zergs
    (for some reason, everyone pulls a sundy in a zerg lol)

The consequence of this, particularly outside of prime time, is that no one ever starts any fights. That's something I do, something I've been doing for 7 years (on and off), and there's one thing anyone like me who does that kind of thing learns to do, and that is : look at the map.

And when I look at the map these days, especially these nights, outside of prime time, I don't or rarely see any rolling timers. No one attacks bases, not unless it's an event.

It's in everyone's interest for the fights and general game flow to be dynamic. A stagnant map, like Indar, where everyone goes to Ti Alloyds and that's basically it, is clearly not what this game was intended to be.

Anyway, whether you agree that it should or not be like this, one reason it's like this is because pulling a sundy, deploying it, defending it, is hard work, it really isn't fun, not most of the time, so people simply don't.

Enter the ******* DBG devs (I wouldn't know about rogue team, it's too early for that) and now it's increasingly difficult, almost impossible, to pull a shield sundy and keep it alive long enough for your and your friends to cap a base.

Solution? (cause they aren't gona nerf the libs are they, not yet, even though they've been over powered and ridiculously out of order for weeks now, for months even, people are only just catching on, and it's not until they do that they'll voice their concerns.)

Buff the sundies.

You wana keep stupidly overpowered libs? fine, keep you're moronic nonesensical tanking flying ranged dps class of a whatever you want to call it vehicle. But in that case, buff the sundies, if only so we can keep a few fights alive here and there, now and ******* then, outside of prime time.
  2. Rooklie

(don't worry, this isn't like "nerf the libs", I'm not gona spam it, I'm not gona make a zillion threads about it, but really think it's important, and if people love to spam my nerf the Liberator threads to tell me that Libs are fine, this thread here never got a single post, not one.

It might be because most people don't use sundies, so most people don't care., it might be because no one really disagrees, and people really only post anything when they disagree. There could be other reasons, but at the end of the day, what I want to say is, don't worry, if no one wants to talk of this, I won't insist)

But I'm giving it one, just one tiny little :

BUMP
  3. Blackinvictus

Libs, harassers, tanks, lightnings etc are designed to take Sunderers out.
    I usually run an ammo sundy, deploy when I can, but realize if I am traveling solo that I could indeed get bushwhacked by something enroute, and that I need to be conscious and manage the thing if I deploy it at a base somewhere. With a couple of gunners, sundys are hella fun and quite powerful when played aggressively and outfitted for combat. So they die and need to be actively defended to handle aircraft. How is this a problem?
  4. Blam320

I think the problem more lies with C4 fairies and the fact that people just don't bother to defend sunderers. If something's shooting at it, like one or two people will try to repair it while everyone else just keeps running to the farm.
    • Up x 1
  5. Rooklie

That's not a problem.
  6. Spike377

personaly i would just take away their ability to fly while they hold C4 (electromagnetic waves from helmet to jetpack, or some mumbo jumbo), sure they can get very high, drop c4 and then jetpack again before fatal land, but it would be rare ocasion instead of "feature".
  7. Onical

this is it i mostly play MBT and if it a small skirmish people usually do defend the sunderer (it the only one there most of the time and there probably part of the platoon of the guy who deployed it)

when there a large number of people spawning at a sunderer at a major battle the resistance half the time is that of small group of people doing a skirmish as a large chunk of the zerg ignore you. ESPECIALLY if your far enough that light assaults can't c4 fairy you in 1 jump or attacking from the high ground.

this is my opinion i never tried to track statistics of my sunderer kills.
    • Up x 1
  8. Truk

I can't see where eliminating C4 during flight would be a negative to gameplay, except for the hated C4 fairies. Literally, what about the game would be worse? Anything?
  9. AxiomInsanity87

I haven't logged in to comment in about 2 years. I logged in to say that "I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens".
  10. AxiomInsanity87

Also I've forgotten how to post gifs here.