[Suggestion] Buff Infiltrator Shield to 500

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DIGGSAN0, May 20, 2017.

1. CaptCran

I can still sneak fairly well around motion spot and darts but full rank catlike really makes it difficult to creep around. Thought it would negate radar.... guess that would make the implant too OP.
  2. stalkish

decloakonfire-1 ???
  3. stalkish

Isnt it a 200m radius tho, meaning a 400m range?

I used to know this stuff........:(

IIRC the radar seeing you is based on movement speed, so for example crouch walking (no catlike) is slow enough that radar does not pick you up.
    If you fall or jump or run then your character moves faster and the sensor picks this up.

Not sure why i think that, but for some reason its what i remember being said somewhere.

As far as distance goes, if youre within 20 of an enemy motion spotter the infil who placed it will see you as a triangle on the map (if you move fast enough), if youre outside that range youll be a blip similar to the darts.

Motion Spotter latest change:
    • October 24, 2016 Update
      • Detection is now "recon-based" for allies and updates every 1.5 seconds
      • Detection range from 25/25/30/30/50 to 30/35/40/45/50 meters
      • The Infiltrator (and only the Infiltrator) also receives real-time updates on enemies within 20 meters of the device
      • When an enemy is close enough to the device to be detected, they will also be able to see the device on their minimap.
  4. Campagne

Someone here on the forums said the devs. plan to change motion spotters & co. to work based on stance rather than movement speed. I.e., crouch-walking with Catlike won't reveal you.

In the meantime however, you can avoid detection by strafing sideways while ADSing with Catlike. Seems to work pretty well for me!

--Credit to whomever said that a while back.
    • Up x 1
  5. Sil4ntChaozz

I don't know. Infils should be squishy imho, so a buff could be focused around recon or hacking or weapons then having a high HP assault with cloak. Since recon was nerfed which i personally think it's stupid, you need something else buffed or added.

With more hp you're stepping into LA or HA territory. With recon nerfed, you're not encouraged to supply intel as much, so you start leaning towards kills. Wouldn't be too too bad, except for the fact that now your harder to kill, can cloak, and can go 1v1 with basically anyone. So now we'll have more wannabe super mlg infils hogging the place before being nerfed HARD and be practically useless.

TLDR, this idea could end VERY badly if implemented. Solution, suggest buffs or tweaks to infil instead of hp.

Proposed Rebuttal
    • Charge Phaseshift while cloaked
    • Ext mags to ASRs
    • Unnerf recon tools
    • Hack abandoned vehicles
    • Encourage actual recon ex, hunting sundys with bonus exp for finding cloaked sundys
    • Unique ability to spot cloaked infantry and sundys, maybe as an implant
    • Passenger kills on wraith flash count towards piloting ribbon
    • Encourage scout radar to be used more (by exp or something) by infils so unique ribbons to encourage helping out teammates
    • Hacking turrets and destroying enemy vehicles gets a unique ribbon say i don't know 'Didn't see that coming'

Throwing out ideas as alternatives, yes I'm biased towards infils but I've been here before with balancing issues with infil like roles and its NOT pretty. No way to satisfy everyone and there's always people who want infils to be hit extremely hard with the nerf hammer.

You could say infils and LAs are my berserk button.
  6. LordKrelas

Why only Phaseshift? The charge-up is one of the costs of the weapon.
    Define un-nerf?

Vehicle hacking on abandoned vehicles? Now that would be nice.
    Hijack a bloody prowler or magrider "left" by a killed operator.

If you could spot cloaked opponents, wouldn't that defeat the point of cloaking?
    If there is more enemy infils or even one, that prevents the other side from even having the ability to use cloak.
    (For all practical purposes)

But you are giving it thought, that's for sure.
    • Up x 1
  7. DIGGSAN0

You guys know that phaseshift doesn't have charhe anymore?...........

I mean that's pathetic when you want to argue about things of a class you don't even know what changes happened to them.......
  8. LordKrelas

I don't usually care if it's accurate or not.
    I leave it to them.

As well, the Phaseshift was re-worked, not just lost the charge.
  9. TR5L4Y3R

Infills have access to weapons that one hit kill from ranges no other infantry can and it's hard enough to countersnipe them already with BR's so no need for the extra 100 shield
  10. DIGGSAN0

I know exactly how it was reworked because i gave the feedback on how it should be reworked and that is why the phaseshift got reworked.

Got it?
  11. Sil4ntChaozz

Misinformed doesn't equal pathetic. I play on console so I forget what we (we is the current PC PS2, i consider console PS2 as clunky and outdated) do and do not have. As i said, just throwing it ideas as rebuttals, there not completely finished ideas as much as 'buffing hp could have a horrible domino effect so let's quickly spitball alternatives' ideas.

So any actual opinions about the other alternatives?
    • Up x 1
  12. LordKrelas

I never said you didn't.
    So you're a bit triggered, for the guy who just went someone for the exact same reason.
    Also, dozens gave feedback about the phaseshift, not just you.

Got it?
    • Up x 1
  13. Demigan

Hey guys, just to be sure: anyone notice nano-armor cloaking which gives that 100 shield and even 25% damage reduction while stealth (does not stack with nanoweave)?
  14. Sil4ntChaozz

Noticed Demigan. Why, want to buff cloak or something?
  15. Demigan

No, but the entire thread is about adding 100 shield. Its already there.
    Also the Infiltrator is arguably the first or second best class in the game. I see no reason to buff it. Adding stuff to its mechanics, equipment and tools, sure! But outright buffs? Nope!
    • Up x 3
  16. Sil4ntChaozz

I can agree to that. I cast a net of half thought out alternatives, always eager to discuss tweaks. The NAC is such a kind of weird, to me, cloak. It's useful but it doesn't stack with nanoweave, has such a short duration, but it helps in the 'excessive bullets' department. It's more of an overshield function.
    • Up x 1
  17. AgentRed

Now only if the trap would get a semi or bolt action mode XD
  18. Den

Sure, give Infiltrator 1000 health.
    And then remove one shot kill damage on Bolt Action rifles. You can call it a part of the "combined arms initiative" to encourage "snipers" to stop lining up along the horizon by the dozens and making any fight outdoors lame by instakilling helpless infantry (who have to make it a habit to dance around at all times in an attempt to avoid a case of sudden death) from 200m away.

Just a tiiiiiny, little, barely noticeable nerf to offset the advantage of being able to survive one to two more shots from any other infantry weapon at a distance.
  19. DIGGSAN0

I can understand why you guys are against that idea...but the patches on PTS really show that Infiltrator looses his ability to patch after patch...

Meanwhile there is already one bad cloak implant and a new one is on the way...

It is hardly unfair why the devs even play with the thought of adding a class specific ability for all other classes...

It just frustrates me that people are getting something that i had as special...even if it just bad...you still have the choice.
    I am sorry, i didn't calculate that PS4 players are within us.
    I didn't meant to offend you.

But I had written with TheYamiks and Wrel on Twitter...we actually talked to each other...i think that is a level more than just suggest something somewhere...

OK that is how I want to talk because i understand the arguments and they really speak for itself.

I would be happy if we could gather some new Abilitys/Equipment ideas together.
    • Up x 2
  20. LordKrelas

See, now this is more civil.
    About bloody time.

Yeah the cloak implant. Tried it:
    You know I had it cloak me more times at the wrong moment than good: IE aiming.
    Like you don't even want it, unless you have so much prep time.
    And even then, all it takes is someone firing in corners, or anywhere really.

Infill's cloak ability, all three variants? Oh thank you gods, they aren't like that.
    Unlike the Counter-Intelligence, which it shares the % chance of getting - that one is useful at least.

What exactly does the infil need? Likely not shields.
    EMP is apparently losing all but the shield effect
    - With some of shield being transferred to health.
    - Shield regeneration changing.
    - With Carapace nullifying the entire grenade.

Now Concussion grenades, are soon to be more practical in all ways.
    Also three times as annoying, due to the fact it disrupts inputs.

What infils could use would be equipment that helps them in their usual roles.
    If they could get a tool that roots them in-place for a fixed-firing angle, and couch-height with the perk of reducing recoil, and reload-times, it would help the Snipers.

If they could get motion sensors to be linked to wall-mounted traps, they could more easily ambush with proper planning.
    Or just get wall-mounted traps, IE glorious land mines that stick to a surface (non-vehicle surface)

A Tool that sends out a pulse in a radius around the infiltrator, high-lighting nearby opponents (vehicles & infantry) through objects
    (Demigan's wireframe)

Like Demigan, and AFK, both have some impressive posts for abilities.