[Suggestion] Buff Infiltrator Shield to 500

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DIGGSAN0, May 20, 2017.

1. DIGGSAN0

I remember a Thread back in 2015~2016 where i suggested to buff the shield for Infiltrator to 500 (like all other classes have).

The answer and main argument (delivered by Inf hating people) was that the Infiltrator has access to the most powerfull Grenade to even that...
    That and the Motion Spotter which delivered exact positions of the Enemy.

The Motion Spotter was Nerfed HARD.

In Yesterdays Patchnotes for PTS was listened that there will be an Implant which allows to convert shield to Health...

So now if someone has that implant...you are not affected by EMPs since they just drain ONLY shield since the PTS patch before (no more ability drain or HUD vanishment)

Ergo=

Someone gets hit by an EMP and it doesn't scratch him at all (when he does have that Implant...)

Now back to the Thread at 2015~ :
    I found it unfair that the Cloak of the Infiltrator (Fully certed nearly 2000certs) can be anullated by an 100 Certs Flashlight...

So since now Time has Passed, the EMP os Useless and the Infiltrator ability still gets negated by an 100 Investment...the Motion Spotter doesn't gice exact data of enemy positions (except to you at 20m range)

I suggest that Infiltrators simply have 500 shield.
    That or a new Grenade...
  2. Zagareth

The infiltrator got already full shield with the Nano Armor Cloak
    • Up x 2
  3. DIGGSAN0

It is obvious that the one class shouldn't have to use its ability to compete with another class without theirs... That is pure logic.....

Otherwise*Facepalm*
  4. Pelojian

except all classes use their ability if someone isn't then they aren't very bright.

infiltrators having less health is part of their balance having cloak. one cloak giving you more won't really change that for other cloaks.

pick the best cloak for the situation.
  5. Liewec123

i'm trying to think of ways that the implant will be useful and i can't really think of much for any class that isn't infil.
    maybe medkit poppers.

dont forget, shields were changed to start recharging in 6 seconds, i'd much rather have half of my effective health start recharging after 6 secs than have another health bar which wont regenerate until Regen Implant kicks in or i find a medic.

imho the health implant could a nice buff to infil however,
    there are much better options for other classes, but for an infil it will let you not worry about disabling your own shield,
    get close, throw down an EMP and disable their shields so they're at 500 health while you stay at 900 health.
    • Up x 1
  6. Demigan

Not that hard, it was put in line with other recon equipment, although the Infil himself can still use it to it's full potential and from what I remember you can now detect enemies before the motion spotter is visible, which is still much better than ordinary recon darts which always show their location. Which is a good trade off: Recon darts for obvious large area coverage and motion spotters for smaller but extended area coverage and not instantly visible to enemies.

I don't see a problem with that. Who's going to want to have that extra health anyway besides maybe Medics or high-functioning teamplay?
    Shields will now recharge in 6 seconds (4 for Engies) and recharge in 4 seconds (3 with shield capacitor, which is practically nothing since when you are at full shield the other guy has already reached 75% shield, and this advantage lasts about 1 second? Really? How is that useful?). Anyway, since shield now recharge faster you'll get your health back much sooner and without the need for regen implants or Medics. Keep in mind that if you use a regen implant, it still takes 10 seconds for the regen to kick in and the regen is slower than the current shield regen, besides the fact that you can regen shields and health at the same time if you just equip shield.

I see no reason to pick carapace unless you know you are going to be engaged by EMP's, or if you are an infiltrator about to throw some EMP's. Meaning this is a buff to infiltrators as they can keep their stealth energy and aren't affected by the EMP.

Additionally, the fact that EMP's don't drain enemy energy is peanuts compared to it's abilities to knock out enemy shielding no matter how far from the center of the blast you were and through walls.
    And the fact that your HUD remains active is also a good thing, as it removes the advantage of players using 3rd party HUD software and evens out the battle between players, although they could still knock out the radar.

All in all, this is going to be great for EMP slinging Infiltrators.

I find it ridiculous that people even think that the flashlight is good at rooting out Infiltrators.

Advantages of the Flashlight:
    • Infiltrators light up when you look at them.
    Disadvantages of the Flashlight:
    • It works at a very short range
    • It has a teeny tiny cone in which it works, it doesn't even cover your entire screen!
    • It is a shining beacon to shoot at for anyone paying only half a mind
    • It works against a single opponent. Kind of like an ability that only blocks LA jumpjets from working but nothing else.
    • It takes up a valuable slot like laser sight. This is the reason why people actively nerf themselves by equipping it on a sidearm to look for Infiltrators instead of equipping it on their primary, because you'll lose more fights with a Flashlight Primary than with a Sidearm vs an opponent that is almost guaranteed to get first strike... Assuming said opponent isn't stupid enough to use his cloak as invisibility.
    • Any Infiltrator worth his salt will be pissing on the flashlight user corps by the time the flashlight user lights him up. It's a damn cloak, not an invisibility device. If you are stupid enough to stick around and get hit by the ridiculously tiny cone and range of the flashlight and not engage first (or just, you know, get out of range) then the fault is entirely yours.

Nope. Contrary to what the previous guys may have told you, the reason the Infiltrator has 100 health less isn't because of the Motion spotter or EMP grenade. It's because cloak is a powerful protection in and of itself that evens the fight against most opponents easily even if you lost 200 health.
    • Up x 2
  7. VeryCoolMiller

Infiltrator need anything but buff.

They actually should be nerfed to the ground:

only class that can oneshot at really far distance (Infiltrators destroy every outdoor fight, without counter since the nerf of thermal on vehicles. )

only invisible class that in cqc pop on your back with automatic weapons

granade that can remove half of your health on impact (without delay) and mess your hud

mines

Infiltrators should be simply removed from the game.
  8. Gromwort

Maybe not buff but fix infiltrators instead and make it so using sniper rifle disable cloaking module like it should.
    • Up x 1
  9. Zagareth

Does it look for you that infiltrators compete with other classes? I play infiltrator all the time on this toon (got 5 other, playing other styles, though) and I'm not competing, i'm dominating - like every other Infiltrator can do. I agree, other classes can get more XP over time, but who cares for XP... not me.
    • Up x 1
  10. No0T

It really makes no sense to have 400 shield vvhen you are already nerfed by the vveapons you can use. Putting the tvvo things together less DPS and less HP/shield you negate the infiltrator first shoot advantage completely.

Infiltrators should have a real main vveapon and 500 shield to be like other classes. Just to be equal.
  11. Rydenan

Infiltrator has the advantage of choosing where, when, and how to engage his opponents.
    If you use this advantage properly, you shouldn't need that 100 extra health.
    • Up x 3
  12. Zagareth

Infiltrators don't really need HP and shields - nice to have some HP to compensate some fall damage and a misdirected bullet, but thats it.
    Most infiltrators die by their own stupidity:
    1. Yelling out targets like there is no tomorrow (Hello, I'm here, KILL me!)
    2. Using sniper rifles without Suppressor in enemy territory (If you get no backup, it's deadly most of the times)
    3. Trying stalker kills, while surrounded by enemies (Can work, but you gotta be really smart)
    4. Playing HA/Rambo style and think they are invulnerable, because they ADAD and cloak a lil bit... (O'Rly?
    Cant recall all these Super Clever things many Infiltrators are doing - but nothing would help them to survive with 100 more shields. Stupidity let people die, no matter how much HP they have
    • Up x 1
  13. LordKrelas

You can actually snipe with Rockets from Heavies, LMGs as well, The Engineer has an Anti-material rifle (Sniper rifle) that can damage enemy tanks, and of course there is AP cannons.

If you are losing to infils outside en-masse due to thermals, which can't see through cloaks.. You have some crap allies.
    Having Thermals or not, doesn't even matter to engaging cloaked threats.
    A bloody cloaked Ant or Flash is more dangerous on an open field; Those both carry AV weapons, can do roadkills while cloaked, and the flash even has a shotgun.
    The Ant as well can take several tank rounds.

Most classes, don't need to cloak just to engage targets.
    Infil's CQC ability it as short-ranged as shotguns used to be; With a severe damage drop off.
    As well, it ain't invisibility; You can still see infiltrators, it is camouflage not proper invisibility.
    There is a difference between a guy in adaptive camouflage that creates ripples in the background, and Halo's Cloaked Elites which do not even display, that kind of difference between Infil's cloak & invisibility.

It removed your rapidly regenerative shields specifically.
    Not half your non-regenerative health, but the outer layer that literally recovers damn fast.
    A normal grenade does that... and also depletes the rest of your health.
    The major effect you should mention, is the wall-penetration effect which is EMP specific.

Engineers have more AI mines.
    And they also can lay down Tank mines in addition to more Anti-personal land mines.
    Fear the Engineer.

For what exactly?
    So no one has a Extreme range removal tool, so Medics in the back have nothing to fear?
    Rocket Snipers & Engineers, can safely shell at the top of cliffs?
    So nothing can deter opponents running in straight lines while they can't easily return fire?
    So you can't lose vehicle & infantry terminals or turrets to the enemy, without them not gaining any use of them?

You do know how hard it is, to use the Sniper rifle without cloaking in the process right?
    The moment you fire, if you get that far, every Heavy , Engineer, MAX or Sniper will be aiming for you, or your head.
    Now to even reach said position in the first place.. you're gonna do what exactly? Pray no one on the other side sees you?
    None open fires with a tank, their own gun, rocket or similar?
    Pray no aircraft even thinks to fly by let alone unleashes rockets on the easily visible sniper lacking a cloak?

Hell, the moment you fire, a Heavy, LA , Vehicle or even Engineer & medic will be hunting your ***.
    Without cloak, you literally are screwed to hell; You have no means to evade them at all, you have no means to get to such a spot without being seen, Your shots all have tracers anyway, You have no means to avoid being spotted...

Like you know that cloaking is kinda required for Sniping effectively right?
    You need it to reach the place, and to not die after a single shot to anyone on the other side.
    And that assumes you actually got to fire; Aiming takes time as well.
    No one is easier to head shot than a Sniper.
    • Up x 1
  14. VeryCoolMiller

I would be curious to see the kda of infiltrators vs other classes and viceversa. Since the release of this game infiltrators have been constantly buffed:

Stalker cloak
    stronger side arm weapons
    nerf to thermals (used to see cloaked units)
    automatic weapons (tomoe lol)

It's simply not fun fight against infiltrators and what they bring to the game isn't enough to justify their existance.
    It is simply a class created to annoy other players.

I would be curious to check , across all new players that joined the game in the last 6 month if there is a relationship between the number of kills received by an infiltrator and the retention rate of these new players.

Infiltrator may probably be bad for the same existance of the game.
  15. CaptCran

Actually, I would rather see a suit that makes the infil immune to any radar. Really tired of sneaking around and all of a sudden someone rounds the corner, turns on their darklight, and nails me because a vehicle had a 600m radar on...... Usually very careful sneaking around sensor darts and motion spotters but a radar with that range for foot troops????? Come​ on.
  16. Zagareth

200m scout radar is the most range, but still it's annoying and with the old rules changed for radar, Im not sure if sneaking helps at all. I've seen a lot signs that even sneaking doesnt seem to help against Proximity radar and the Motion Spotter in closer distances.
    Maybe it doesnt help against Scout Radars in any for either
  17. adamts01

I think the infiltrator is fine. It's insane what great players can do with them. Invisible C4 and armed Flashes need to go away though. So does all the ******** camo that doesn't match a player's faction color. With all the lag and frame drops I don't need to spend the extra time figuring out which pink infiltrator is going to knife me and which one is on my side in a 200+ cluster ****.
    • Up x 2
  18. No0T

I have read here a lot coming from people that never try to play an infiltrator. Because they hate them, because they hate to have fear... because they play in connery and they discovered that something is vvrong that they cant go on vvith their normal bussines... that something is letting behine trails of corpces vvithout explanation... Afraid of the corners and looking through their scopes to long...

I recommend to you to try the infiltrator class and EMBRACE THE FEAR.
  19. Campagne

I wouldn't really go so far as to say the Infiltrator has been buffed to any substantial degree.

Stalker Cloak -- The epitome of sidegrade. Less versatile and less firepower for the ability to gravitate stronger towards the "stealth is the strongest weapon" idea. By itself, the Stalker is the weakest unit in the game, having the least health and firepower of anything.

"Stronger" Sidearms -- This is a bit subjective, but sure, I'll give you that much. However, this is far from a buff to only one class. One could say the very opposite, that they are a nerf to infiltrators because they make darklights less risky to use.

Thermals -- Exactly when was this? I remember this happening way back in the beta, but not for very long. By that logic Infiltrators were nerfed because they lost shotguns back in the beta. :p

Infiltrators have had the auto-scout rifles for the very beginning, if I can recall correctly. The Tomoe is also absolutely terrible without chaining headshots.

To say that Infiltrators are the one thing that only exist to annoy people and drive away new players is laughable. Maybe within the top five broad categories. Maybe if air didn't exist.
    • Up x 1
  20. Icehole1999

I'm still a new player. I started playing a stalker cloak infi because hiding near a spawn or objective gives me time to roll joints and such. Anywho if you think you need more shield you're playing wrong. It's an Infiltrator not a LA.