buff anti air

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, Nov 10, 2019.

1. LodeTria

That already exists, it's called analog throttle.
  2. Scroffel5

ooh thats good. people rely too much on the reverse maneuver.

Edit: Was eating so I am adding more.

If you are epic and fly through a canyon, I want those people who are skilled enough to do so to be rewarded for being epic. I guess you could use that to hide or get a new angle. I was thinking about more dogfighting because that means that if you are a good pilot, the other pilot who tries to dogfight you may kill themself. That plays more into the ESF being fragile than you having to be shot down. Of course, you can still crash in the current state of the game today, but it would happen more often if you can't fly like everyone else. I want to see more dogfights and less hover battles. They look kind of stupid, visually unimpressive. But yeah Demigan, by adding more maneuver potential, we can do more with ESF fights.

There is one more point though. How do we know there aren't more maneuvers that we can execute already? Why don't we get people to test it out and try to find new ESF meta? iStalk says he is a good pilot and is experienced. Go find some tech, iStalk.
  3. Demigan

Very funny. A button that changes you into and out of hover mode instantly, rather than through an analog throttle that indirectly puts you into hover mode if your speed is low enough which isnt very intuitive and on the Scythe isnt even readily visible. It also means that if you point the nose down you can get enough forwards speed despite the throttle that you exit hover mode.
  4. LodeTria

Seems like you don't know how it works, a recurring theme when it comes to you and air. It will put you into hover even if you're going max speed. You still have to slow down of course, but it will slow you down from max speed to hover speed as quick as possible.
  5. Demigan

Seems like you are trolling. I just explained to you how it works already. The throttle is used to slow down and eventually place you into hover if it can. However if you point the nose of the ESF downwards you will gain speed and exit hover mode. Its even a trick you can use to get other players in hover mode to go out of it specifically by flying significantly lower than them. Funny that I know that and you dont. Why dont you try it for once?

What I'm asking for is a better method to bring you into hover instead of a vague "if you slow down enough you hover" method. Being able to force your aircraft into hover regardless of speed means more intuitive control for players and better knowledge of what effects their afterburn will have.
  6. Zizoubaba

lol, not that I'm going to hang on to this particular point any longer, but I just wanted to point out that if the projectiles are going faster, then it's easier to hit a moving target.

In other words, if the projectiles are going slower, then it's more difficult !

I always get confused between the ranger and the walker for some reason but the flak one has much much slower projectiles.

I rest my case your honour !
  7. LodeTria

So you don't want gravity to effect the ESF if it's in hover mode at all anymore? Cus that's why you fall out of hover mode if you point downwards.
  8. iStalk

There's a difference between analog throttle and just throttle down. Analog throttle cuts your engine. Also there is a delay in which the "h" indicator shows up letting you know you're in hover. Thruster down = hover. That easy
  9. Scroffel5

WOAH WOAH WOAH. Lets change the Analog throttle to a switch, if it isn't already. Jet to Hover. You can go straight from being a jet to a helicopter, forcing them to fight you differently and forcng you to fly differently. I'd like to be going max speed and just switch to having to be a helicopter and fly and fight like that. It would probably bring in new metas. Of course, you wouldn't be able to maintain max speed like that. I'd view Jet mode as dogfighting mode and Helicopter mode as hover battle mode. You can use Hover mode for taking on ground targets and Jet mode for fighting in the air at high speeds.

What do you frequent fliers feel?
  10. iStalk

Lol there is a button to do so. Analog throttle get you into hover. But if you're moving fast you cant just instantly drop to hover. Analog throttle is the best way because it cuts your engine. The rest is waiting for your thrusters to face down. It's just all about learning how to handle your esf. How to keep hover and lose hover. The only problem I have with the esf is the mouse acceleration that it has left over from when they ported it to ps4
  11. Scroffel5

Well, I mean instantly dropping to hover adds for more maneuvers. You are flying as a jet and you change to a helicopter, that means you have to fly with space bar and lean forward. You can pull off cool maneuvers.
  12. iStalk

Not sure how that would go. Would be interesting though. But before they start adding feature and what not I wish they would fix the mouse acceleration present when flying. New players don't even know that the joystick settings even when unchecked still effect how your mouse works.
  13. Skraggz

I would agree, if said weapons didn't have such a huge aspect of RNG inherently.

The RNG from the CoF is much harder to overcome than the low bullet velocity.
  14. Zizoubaba

ok whatever, look, there's a ESF, far away, I have two guns, one is flak, the other is (whatevre i never remember which is which).

If I want hit it, or even have a chance of hitting it, I don't take the flak.

On the ohter hand, I use flak gun on my sundy, because most of the time it works best, but isn't cause of a wide cone or whatever, actually not whatever, that was your only argument, it's because 95% of my encounterfs with air (in a sundy) are at close or medium range.

(and flak does a lot more damage at those ranges).

Yeah the cone of fire is wider, of course, but you're wrong, in fact, you could argue that'(s even harder because of it, as the bullets or projectiles end up left right on top of but never close to or hitting the target.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not gona hang on to this point cause it's obvious to me, so whatever you say, I won't reply, but don't get offended :)
  15. Skraggz

Why would you shoot at an esf far away from you? Just to let him know where you are,I guess? Also your anecdotal experience doesn't automatically mean your correct.

While we are attempting to have a discussion, I wonder, how often do you fly? Just being your thread is about buffing hard counters to aircraft.

I'm sorry you believe you offended me one way or another... was it because I disagreed with you? That doesnt mean I dislike you, hate you, or I am triggered by what you think... I merely disagree. Your lengthy responses to my disagreeing is more telling, but that could be an assumption.
  16. Skraggz

I see where you are going with this and you are correct, but at a certain time there should be a learning curve. The nose down thing is because your plane wl gain movement or speed. Not sure why it does (maybe gravity). I usually counter this by holding s on the keyboard and tapping throttle every once in a while. Again it doesnt mean your wrong. I think the fact that throttle is unbound is more alarming and damaging to the new pilots then anything els.
  17. Zizoubaba

No, you mis read what I wrote. I was apologising for not replying to your next reply. ! hmm maybe let me rephrase that, I was apologising "in advance".

(and here I am replying nevertheless lol, although I would argue that it is on a different topic)
  18. ican'taim

Just make the skyguard a separate buggy like PS1 with right spread.

Vid starts at 2:33 btw
  19. ican'taim

*tight spread I mean.
  20. Demigan

Lets recap it so far:

Demigan: I want a button that puts you in hover mode regardless of speed.

LodeTria: we have that, only you have to slow down first.

Demigan: No I want a button that puts you in and out of hover regardless of speed. Analog still means hover mode is based on your speed as evidenced by gravity.

LodeTria: So you dont want gravity anymore?

Am I really going to have to repeat what I said?

I'm not concerned with gravity, but by how unintuitive the current method to get in and out of hover is. By making it a button that forces you in and out of hover then player has more control and better intuition as to what your aircraft will be doing at that point in time. This makes it easier for newbies to pull off more advanced maneuvers once they have the basics down.

As for a learning curve, here having gravity and especially inertia be a larger factor would be better for the gameplay. For example you are cruising at 200km/h and activate hover mode. Under current inertia laws you would be going less than 40km/h in mere seconds without doing anything else. It would be far more enjoyable if inertia took longer to slow down, meaning that the player can now use the throttle or afterburn to move upwards, which to anyone chasing will be a sudden movement that they'll take a second to folloe because they need to enter hover mode first. If you turn the aircraft before you do that you can pull off a much wider range of maneuvers while still moving at a solid forwards speed.
    This is one of those cases where making it easier to get into actually increases the amount of tactics and maneuvers you can pull off, something I like to do with most of my idea's. Learning the controls should almost always be the smallest, least important skill in the game and therefore be as intuitive and easy as possible. Using those controls to manipulate your vehicle and get expected results is what the skill should be all about.