[Suggestion] Buff ANAH anti tank

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Leidz, Dec 3, 2019.

1. LodeTria

Field battles, be they infantry, vehicles or aircraft have never had any value outside of "that looks cool". It was always best to avoid them and just go straight ot the point inside the bases instead, since that's how you capture bases & thus territory. Since vehicles are supposed to rule the outside of bases, let's see if you can put 2+2 togther and notice that vehicles are pretty useless in the grand scheme of things.

To use your earlier analogy, everyone "evolved" beyond those pointless battles but you seem to to want to de-evolve to bring them back, when that just won't happen. So we're back to, you're not qualified to discuss changes if you want those back.
  2. TRspy007

If you'd been here since beta, you'd know those fights were the best experiences and the reason people still play planetside 2 today, in hopes of one day experiencing the same thing again. yes, those battles were "stupid" and meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but they were an awesome experience.

Sure, now we can prefer to be tacticool and zerg/ghost cap bases, and think we're actually the smartest dude by playing the games objectives that are themselves pointless anyways.

I'm not the only dude like this, I play planetside 2 to have fun. As much as I like strategic gameplay, it's beyond planetside 2 now. Most outfits are dead or too small to coordinate platoons, the ones that do have nothing to fight against, and I a game where no one really cares about repairing/defending their spawns, and just want to rush as fast as they can to a gen, point or choke point where they can farm xp, it's useless to even try to coordinate attacks anymore.

Would I rather farm/get farmed instead of having a cool, epic battle? Nope, and I'm pretty sure I'not the only idiot that thinks that way. I play games to have fun, and I prefer a balance of tactical stuff and cool stuff. Right now, there's neither. Yes, you can capture all the territory on the continent with your zergfit, but why would you do that? There's no lore/direction that actually pushes you to do play the objective (many people complained about this), because there is no objective. The whole point of PS2 is that players are given a whole continent where they ca do whatever they want, since there simply is no endgame to it.

As for your point about vehicles being useless, we do have vehicle capture points. Why don't they work? A still vehicle is a dead one. you have to stay near/on point if you don't want it to get flipped, so vehicles which have to be mobile, can't really shine in a task where you need to stay and guard a spot. Instead, people just drive to it with their cloak flash and just stalker cloak there or drive around and cloak when a threat appears.

Vehicles are extremely important, because they are a "safe" and quick means for infantry to approach a base, and establish soft spawns there. Depending on the vehicle, they can also help clear clumps of infantry and suppress/defend spawns. The vehicles also help deter the enemy's attention from the point/ally players. Sure, they suck at capping points, but you're deluded if you think they're useless. After all, if they had no use, they wouldn't exist and/or players wouldn't be using them...or would they?

While I see if I can put 2 + 2 together, why don't you go back and review your spelling? (If you're really that bad, you can try typing your stuff in word and then pasting into forums once most mistakes are corrected).

And you're the idiot if you think people type in the forums because they think the devs will actually read and implement ideas in the game. Everyone knows the devs don't check here; if I was suggesting something to them instead of having a community discussion, I would've tried reddit or cs.
  3. Trigga

Well i wasnt actualy talking balance in my post, it was more about rendering issues that forced the devs hands as far as certain things go.

TBH, Im not sure if your talking about ranged combat, or infantry v vehicles.

2 MBTs trading shots at render range, using cover to repair - thats one example of ranged combat to me.
    Ranged combat, not ranged farming.
    Farming is a seperate issue, but imo is almost always the fault of the farmee, not the farmer.
  4. Scroffel5

just give it a good sniper range and make it register as a vehicle...
  5. LodeTria

What's stopping you from doing that now? Vehicles are far far weaker than they used to be so it should be much easier to round up a bunch of saps to go running across a field, right? You should be able to find loads of people for these amazing experiences you claim to exist. So do it. No-ones going to stop you. Except the people you want to rope into this fruitless exercise of course.

YOU lead the charge for once, instead of asking others to do it for you. Just don't be surprised when everyone just thinks your dumb for doing it.

Most just like self ************ to themselves whilst they have a sub 2kd, pretending they know how to fix the game when they don't even know how to play properly.
  6. TRspy007

I thought I specified the long range field fights we used to have, when two footzergs would charge at each other. I don't really consider 2 undying vehicles sniping each other long ranged combat. It's not really combat for me if the guys can't die/aren't accomplishing anything. It's really just trolling until an LA drops on one of the tanks and blows it up.
  7. TRspy007

Air and snipers stop long range footzegs/fights (as I mentioned in other posts). Also the fact that there's barely any players left in the game, and most of the remaining ones are complete idiots like you, who have no clue how the game functions and it's former glory.

What's your main so we can very that you have a 2+ KDR?
  8. LodeTria

Yes, of course, it's OUR fault fault we "evolved" beyond running around in a pointless field doing very little. Only you know how to bring this game back to it's glory days lmao. At least the meatgrinders in bases gives us certs which is only form of progresion this game has.

Enjoy:
    https://voidwell.com/ps2/player/5428011263403366545/stats
    https://voidwell.com/ps2/player/5428031585352362769/stats
    https://voidwell.com/ps2/player/5428147970871219185/stats

Now you post yours.
  9. Trigga

Not done much tanking have you?

I guess i got confused as all you did was list several examples of idiotic infantry dying to things designed to kill them, then you called it unfair and said thats why range fighting doesnt work any more.
    I was specifically talking about non rendered targets damaging you.

Id also say that judging by your comment of 'its really just trolling' that you dont actually l enjoyranged combat at all.
    Which is fine, but much like most people on here your quick to be-little something just because you dont like it.
    It doesnt matter if you consider it ranged combat or not, it is ranged combat.
    Besides i gave that example to illustrate the ranges involved, and the trading of damage, if youre close enough to finish your enemy after they take cover then youre most definitely not at long range.
  10. YellowJacketXV

11. Johannes Kaiser

Not neccessarily, had a session where 2 friends and I destroyed constructed bases with those things almost exclusively.