[Suggestion] Buff all classes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AxiomInsanity87, Nov 26, 2015.

1. AxiomInsanity87

Shock horror not a nerf thread!

Heavies regular shields start to regen 10% quicker as standard

Medics shields regen 10% quicker and revive grenades revive quicker with 20% more HP

Engineers get 10% explosives resistance as standard and/or can have 2 utility slots but cannot carry 2 of the same item

Light assaults fuel tanks recharge 10% quicker and/or they run 10% faster

Infiltrator's cloak last 10% longer and they can run 10% faster

Maxes have 100 extra health, or they stay the same

I understand that this is probably too good and I should change it all to nerfs or possibly straight up removals of 1 or 2 classes.
  2. AxiomInsanity87

It burns already [IMG]
  3. customer548

You should defintly name this thread "Buff HAs, Medics and Maxes for Outfits' benefit".
    • Up x 1
  4. AxiomInsanity87

Randoms who run around randomly with randoms making the game really stupid get buffs too though.
  5. customer548

You obviously forgot to compensate those -100 HPs. But i'm not even surprised.
    By the way, single randoms who know what they are doing sometimes achieve much more things than randoms feeling safe while hiding in the middle of cattle.
    • Up x 1
  6. DeadlyPeanutt

have fun as the servers die out... lol... enjoy your spam (tank, lib, grenade, emp, etc, etc)
  7. AxiomInsanity87

A random is a random however you want to dress it.
  8. AxiomInsanity87

1/10
    • Up x 1
  9. customer548

You seem to be an expert.
  10. Eternaloptimist

I'm all for ideas but I can't work out how this one would make the game better or solve a problem - so I guess my question is 'why do we need this?'
  11. FateJH

I once ran with a small group trying to pull off a "disconnected squad" on Connery experimentally. The squad itself was only a 2-man thing on the board because it had to be announced but the original idea was that you weren't a part of the formal squad. Eventually, that changed because of Boosts. No Squad Chat except for the SL when making announcements; everyone else communicated with each other through Proximity, which was also the original idea. I am not certain if I wish to say this was an accomplishment or a tragedy but it kept people close together, at least.

Unless it's pseudorandom.
  12. AxiomInsanity87

If you play the game, you can see them in droves. The best of them get kills streaks in zergs and think they're making an impact.
  13. AxiomInsanity87

[Insert subjective opinion on what is needed in a game which is in itself not needed]

That should help.

We don't need construction either or half the vehicles.
  14. AxiomInsanity87

Pseudorandom? Is that a guy hiding under a sunderer as an infi farming idiots? ;)
  15. customer548

Take a crap product, put a nice logo on it, make followers feeling rewarded. And it suddenly becomes an awesome crap which is supposed to durably impact the world. The well-known "I don't want to feel alone" syndrome.
  16. AxiomInsanity87

Never heard of that syndrome but it looks a lot like insecurity, which is why people solo, with perhaps a helping of antisocial for whatever reason.

Probably a lot more complex than any bs generalisation we will come up with here.
  17. customer548

You're the one promoting the fact of hiding behind teammates, shield, medics, Maxes, and asking for buffs... But solos are supposed to be "insecure". You're obvously not, for sure ^^
    You're the one who heap opprobrium on a class and on a part of the gamers...But you're the one who's supposed to be "social".

You were talking about "bs". I must say that you're good at summerizing your own arguments in the best way.
  18. Bindlestiff

Is gaming not about having fun? Who cares if an impact is made or not? I'd argue that a single player would struggle to be impactful in a game as big as this no matter if they are a random or outfit member.
  19. AxiomInsanity87

You have just made all that up.

Nice troll take on it though.
  20. AxiomInsanity87

Going off topic about something i don't really care about.