[Broken] MAX - All Empires

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Spartan 117, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purg

Bursters - happens all the time. As someone else said, can happen on selected aircraft in the sky. Two will register hits fine and one will be immortal.

Never had the charge one but if someone said that it's related to strafe, I don't recall an instance where I've been strafing and hit charge so that could be why.

Deadzone have had a few times where someone gets close enough even if you move back, hits don't register - you basically have to charge away or die.

Every time I get into a MAX suit after spawning, I have a health bar similar to an infantry - I have to resupply to get the MAX health bar. There's only been one occasion where I've felt that I had a lot less health. Coming up to an indoor cap point, HA fired on me and killed me before I could even return fire. Possibly all headshots, died in less time than I could react.
  2. PoisonedAl

Getting this all the time now. Last night I couldn't hit a parked galaxy in front of me and just now I couldn't hit a sad sack farmer spamming rocket pods point blank. VERY frustrating.
  3. PaperPlanes

Call me lucky, but I've never experienced any of these bugs except for the dead zone.
  4. Adept

I play very rarely max, but I've also noticed the zero damage with the shotgun type at close range. Had to actually equip Falcon to kill those pesky exploiters. It makes me smile seeing them die in 1 shot from Falcon while trying to hug me as only lovers should.
  5. Tankcrusher

I have experienced the 'deadzone' bug on multiple occasions now with my double Mercy's. So I switched to a Mercy/Pounder since lately its gotten so bad enemies are actively trying to keep within that deadzone and exploiting the bug.

The snare bug I have also encountered. In some instances after the charge has elapsed my Max seems to forget 'How is it I run again?' other times its fine. On a few weirder instances I have jumped while charging and gained some serious air....usually to lose all momentum afterwards.o_O
  6. CraftKing

Deadzones are suppose to be logical in a way. Why? How come bullets shoots from your body then, or eyes (sight/corsair)? say that 0m is from the tip of your guns noses? or from your character's position?

imagine yourself aiming with a rifle. from you and the nose tip of your rifle have a significant distance between them. so if you're actual position is 0m, then the nose tip would be a half meter or more.

i think this game, the way it was programmed, the bullets actually fly off starting from the tip/end of the gun itself. not from the body.

same logic as to why when you aim while in cover, you hit the object in front of you instead. because the bullet does not come out from your eyes (sight) but it comes from the gun and will travel at the center of your vision/sight (most of the time ~ bullet drop off etc will also be another story) eventually hitting at the center of your sight (hitting your target).

0m can happen because the way this game is done, each players (characters) doesn't have any collisions with each other. you can pass through other players. i havent had any experience literally bumping into friendlies or enemies on this game.
  7. SmileyBomb

It would need to apply to everyone then, not just the MAX. Anyone so close that a MAX is not supposed to be able to damage them, should also not be able to damage the MAX. Simple. That is why it is considered a bug, and not an intentional gameplay function.
    • Up x 1
  8. CraftKing

i thought other class already have that deadzone. people sometimes jump through me (jump exploters) and get killed. then seeing their health tells me i did no damage. the only difference IMO is that maxes are bigger and have more longer weapon + armsize. let's just say bigger model, so the deadzone is a bit bigger compare to other classes.
  9. Tankcrusher

I have never had a dead-zone with any other class. Where my bullets simply go right through the enemy or hit but do no damage at all. I have had cases where my bullets have failed to hit detect no matter what distance, But this does not seem related as it is within a certain distance that the Max's bullets seem to hit or not hit.

Considering that the NC Max's Antipersonnel weapons are huge shotguns not counting the slug ammo upgrade. Having a dead-zone of 0-5 feet of no effectiveness for them would be illogical.
  10. Scumdog6

Hate the dead zone. A scat max shouldn't have to back up to be in range.
  11. Alilua

I've noticed as an engi if you get too close to the max you can't heal them. I wonder if this is related.
  12. Eric Smith

One I just had happen but haven't confirmed yet:
    - Died as a Max and was ressed by a Medic. My default class was reset to Light Assault, which sucked when i went to a terminal to Resupply/Reequip quickly and didn't notice until I changed out of my Max suit into LA. (normally your default class stays as your last selected class, so if you simply Resupply you restock your ammo and utility items)
  13. mTnes

had the above .. really annoying especially if your low on Inf resources .. can't immediately re-equip the max. You get so used to going to the terminal and just automatically re-equiping that you dont notice that its on LA and BAM !! max goners

Had the deadzone a few times .. really bad for the NC max which is pretty much exclusively a close range unit

The bursters break so often and randomly I dont bother with them anymore. Enemy airpower is now imbalanced imo, particularly around elevated bases where the AA turrets wont go on a negative axis. The aircraft can sit below the turret arc and pick targets off
  14. hostilechild

Sadly its March 26, and all the OP posted issues still exist.
  15. Sieve

"It's more fun this way"
  16. Frosty The Pyro

the dead zone is a function of maxes duel weapon system, your shots are coming from the right and left, far enouph away from each other that targets near the max can have shots go to the sides of em. Its most visable when you pull dual AV, the shots simply go to the left and right. The solution is to aim with the left or right curves isntead of the dot at the center but it does effectively limit you to one gun.

Now the no damage bug however will also ocure, and at times it can be difficult to tell the difference
  17. Sieve

I miss the real deadzones, they were my hard counter to other MAXs as they'd always waste time trying to shoot as I punched them to death

And now MAXs can't fit inside each other's new deadzones, yet infantry can clip through an enemy MAX and become untouchable
  18. Rec0n412

19. cann0nf0dder

had the fun of killing 3 maxes yesterday in a row by hugging them to death with my shotgun, they tried desperatly to get away to shoot me, but none of them managed it and all the bullets just, dunno, passed me without doing any harm and only one max got the idea of atleast trying to punch me a little bit ....

if you won't fix the deadzone bug, please gimme at least a lol+spit macro triggered after hugging an enemy max, thanks sony :D
  20. Sieve

You were likely clipping inside of them due to the lack of collision, the moment that happens they are unable to injure you in any way, not even punches connect, while you've got 100% accuracy against them
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.