[Broken] MAX - All Empires

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Spartan 117, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wargrim

Bursters breaking is super annoying.
  2. Crazytrain

I experience the dead zone bug almost every day in my VS MAX. Doesn't matter if the target is moving or standing still and for me the target is usually just outside of melee range. I'll stand still and fire bursts to see if my CoF is bugged out, but it doesn't help. My bullets just no longer exist in the game. Melee, run away, or die.
  3. Mishkel

I've had my bursters bug out a lot.. lately. This used to be very rare and is now pretty common.. Then again the last few days my Skyguard at times... does nothing. I mean dead on painting a target with rounds.. nothing. At least with the MAX I can just swap arms.. skyguard I can um deconstruct I guess.

The dead zone is just... It does make sense that you have to have X range before the weapons converge and hit what you are aiming at. The issue as some noted is the fact you can aim to the side so that one arm or the other is directly in line with them and it does 0 damage.

I think this is something that is happening often to a lot of different weapons. Which is likely why sometimes my engineer runs through the masses laying waste and feeling good. As opposed to the times I stick my head out of the spawn room and get instantly head shot.
  4. Tasp

Burster breaking... serious problem.
  5. Sieve

I'm pretty sure the original deadzones were removed with GU02, used to be that I could charge into an enemy MAX's face and punch them to death while they kept trying to shoot me but every since GU02, hugging enemy MAXs just means I die much faster.
    Though I've never heard of the other accuracy issue happening with anything but the VS AI weapons, I'm thinking it's tied to the flinch mechanic as it happens much more often when being shot than otherwise. Whenever that deadzone issue does crop up, it makes everyone within 20 feet of my immune to my guns, which is especially annoying when they backpedal as you try to move into melee range. Another thing I've noticed is that it appears to be a true deadzone, not just the guns not firing correctly or whatever, on more than one occasion I've tried to shoot down an enemy that was unloading into me, yet I end up just TK'ing allies that behind him and outside of that deadzone
  6. Moumoulle

Bump for the dead zone
  7. Talizzar

How about from the other side. Shooting rockets at maxes to have the round go straight through it and no damage. I have seen them go through their legs, have you ever tried to shooting through a maxes legs. I have and most time you hit the max so it amazes me that the rocket manages to get through each and every time.
  8. LameFox

I don't think that's specific to MAXes. I once tested pistol damage on a squadmate, trying to work out the precise parts of the model that different multipliers might kick in... and we noticed in the test, that he did not actually have feet, in a hitbox sense.
  9. Talizzar

Interesting. Off the topic but I have shot peoples feet with a sniper riflle twice and killed them. It could have been very low leg.
  10. LameFox

In this case his hitbox started at the shin. Ankles and beyond were intangible.

I'm not even sure how consistent hitboxes are on infantry, TBH.
  11. extendedspace

I experience dead zone everyday at least once.
  12. NovaAustralis

Had the charge bug only rarely.

The bursters bugging out and not registering damage I've seen a few times now.
    The dual bursters fire.
    Tracers fly out.
    Explosions blossom on the target.
    But no damage is done to the target.
    The target flies merrily away...

Would like to know what the pilots experience is like...
  13. Ripshaft

The charge thing you're describing is most likely due to concussion grenades, which have this effect on the charge.. which is kind of silly, but that's always been the cause for me. I've only experienced the health bug in beta, never since release. The dead zone thing I'm not entirely sure if that actually exists, I know there's definitely no real deadzone, but for a pseudo deadzone or deadzone like effect... dunno. As for the burster bug you report, haven't heard of that one.
  14. BigMacs

I experience the dead zone bug everyday also.
  15. TintaBux

16. Sieve

The Burster bug has cropped up a few times for me, and interestingly enough, every burster in the area was broken as well. Last time we had 3 BusterMAXs trying to hold back Reavers when all of our Bursters broke, and they didn't work again until about 30 minutes later
  17. Crazytrain

"dead zone" is just a term we are casually using to describe an intermittent but very real bug. While the bug seems to begin around 0-5 meters you can't seem to back far enough out of it. The target is simply un-hittable. Maybe once it starts, the bug is tied to your target and not a zone at all.
  18. Ripshaft

I usually see this referred to as the "no-hit" bug or something similar, and it applies to many weapons, not just max weapons. You should probably not use the term deadzone since I know that alot of people actually do believe there is a deadzone on maxes for whatever reason, where the arm gun convergences will make it impossible to hit people... and this just isnt true, rather not say anything to encourage this myth. But yes, that bug totally sucks, just I very very rarely see it, and it's always when it's happening to other weapons due to a patch issue, and not a max specific issue from what I've seen.
  19. Sieve

The only problem is that it's been happening since launch, it only effects AI guns, and it happens extremely often, at least for me.
    I'm really thinking it had something to do with flinching though because it happens extremely often if someone shoots at me while I'm shooting at them, yet rarely happens when I get the jump on someone or hang back in a crowd to avoid fire
  20. extendedspace

it's true now that you mention it, the nohit bug happens when I am being hit at short range. I can stand in front of a soldier and hit it for 3-4 seconds straight (They aren't moving, but shooting at me) and I die without having done any damage.
    but not everytime I'm being hit at short range, when there's no bug I kill soldiers in 1 or 2 seconds each, in sequence, even if they are shooting at me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.