[Suggestion] Bring back the old MAX?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Dreadnaught Wrex, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Dreadnaught Wrex

So as someone who never played PS1 I only gather from it what people have stated here on the forums and told me in my outfit.

From what I get, MAXes in PS1 were big, slow targets. But they were extremely hardy but they lacked damage. They had 100% bullet resistance but then again, the infantry in PS1 could get AP rounds.

So whats to keep MAXes from returning to their hardy state? So what do the rest of you MAX users think? Go back to being low damage juggernauts or cert heavy, big, highly armored HAs?

So we lose DPS but gain armor? opinions?
    • Up x 1
  2. Tungsten

I dont think i would like them in game. To hard to kill as infantry and to annoying to play as.

And definetly not if this involved changing our current MAX which is the proposition i allways see.
  3. Quiiliitiila

I've been calling for small arms immunity or just a higher resistance value for a while... Why not have a cert for AP ammunition right alongside Soft Point and High Velocity?

Currently it is FAR to easy to kill a MAX unit with small arms. Any schmuck can run up and hump my legs while blasting me with an LMG and half the time I can't do squat to stop it. 1 clip from most LMGs will pretty much kill normal non-kinetic MAX units.

It doesn't help that our melee sucks and takes way to long to actually do damage... By the time I actually swing, the guy I was swinging at is behind me grinding away...
  4. Arkos

Striking a balance between the two might be nice...a little more toughness for a little less damage. Although I would be happier with just a straight toughness upgrade without any damage adjustment. I find it saddening that my half-the-cost-of-a-tank mech suit is so easily killed by three or four regular infantry, or even less if one happen to have a rocket launcher out and give me one to the face. MAX is incredibly expensive certwise to get into. This high entry cost, combined with the cooldown timer and resource cost can make it frustrating to be killed quickly after spawning a MAX despite your best efforts even if you don't make any stupid mistakes.

I would like to see rank 5 kinetic armor become inherent to the suit, and then have flak, nano-accelerator, or kinetic on top of that. Even with that change, MAX would still be dependent on allied support (as it is now), but IMO would be a bit more enjoyable to play if you can't necessarily hop into an organized squad/platoon every time you log in. I would like my MAX to feel a bit more stompy than it does currently.
    • Up x 1