Bring back the GM presence, please.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Botji

Its a long time since I saw someone cheat in such a way that you could notice it aside from one or two weeks ago I guess?

Was late night(EU time and server) and I was on Esamir with my Skyguard, the ultimate guard against pilots having fun. Was a NC flying around shooting and spamming missiles at 10x the normal speed, both in movement and ROF.

Luckily as is true for most cheaters it was a terrible player so he didnt get much done at all and had to keep toggling his speed cheat to actually stear the Reaver and line up his targets wich in turn let me line up him as a target and force him to run away.. at warp speed.

Cheaters like that doesnt really bother me that much since its just horribly pathetic to the degree that its funny : )

All in all I would say that either almost all the cheaters are using cheats so descretly that you dont see the difference(so who cares?) or SOE is actually kinda decent at keeping them off the servers but I can sort of agree that some more interaction from GMs on the servers would help because it does happen that there is a very obvious cheater around, for hours.
    • Up x 1
  2. Flapatax

It's also frustrating when the go-to complaint for getting killed is hacks. We have a 32 page hackusation thread of screenshots in DA forums that makes me extremely skeptical of anyone outside SOE claiming someone is exploiting.

You say that my anecdotal evidence isn't enough--why is yours? If you see a guy no-clipping or speedhacking that's one thing, or getting chain headshot kills 20+ at a time, but all these "subtle" hacks that people love to whine about--they either don't exist in any major capacity or they are so subtle that I kill the hacker anyway.

SOE is a business. If they thought that GM presence would cost-effectively help their game, they'd do it. Your assumptions that they haven't thought of it, and that subtle hacks are easily detectable, is laughable.

The people with the 50+% accuracy locking down an entire base with headshots, yes, I've seen those killboard screenshots. Like I said, 8 months, I've seen 2 of them in game.
    • Up x 1
  3. NinjaTurtle

The player is more than able to check the player database to check for suspicious activity themselves. It takes 30 seconds.

If I ever I suspect any odd behavior I check there before reporting someone, it saves alot of time for the GM's receiving all the spam and is easier for me to take that little time to check than for them to check every single ticket they receive which includes more than just reports of hackers

In all my time playing I have only first hand witnessed 1 legitimate hacker and they were on my side :eek:. All the posts here on the forums about hacking being out of control seem to confirm player bias to blaming something other than themselves as to why they lose.

"What I got killed.... HACKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!" *off to the forums to complain*

This game is not as riddled as posts would have you believe
    • Up x 2
  4. Botji

Just want to add that me myself usually get one or two hateful messages about being a cheater every week, if I play a lot that week.

It can range from anything like.. I simply killed a guy in a gunfight once(????) to Infiltrators sitting someplace spamming the cloak button and cant accept the fact that I could hear him like 100m away and just followed the constant sounds. Apparently thats a very obvious ESP cheat I was using.

The strange thing is sometimes I do stuff even I think would be suspicious... but its not that people react on, usually its just random stuff like those up there... or shooting down ESFs with the Lancer, being told im cheating because I hit every shot when infact I had been missing more than I usually do. Trying to explain that if I did hit with every shot he would have been shot down 3-4 seconds after the first hit he noticed because thats how long it would take to charge my 2nd shot, after like 3 full volleys of him spamming missiles at me.

That last I had been killing him and his 1-2 friends a few times so Im kinda guessing they were convincing each other that its just impossible for me to keep doing that. Its not like there are players better than them, even combined.

Cheating is always blown way out of proportion, it doesnt matter what game it is because there are always people that think they are on the top and anyone able to beat them simply has to cheat, there is no other way they could have lost :/
    • Up x 2