[Vehicle] Brilliant Idea NO DEPLOY FOR COLOSSUS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Touchmaballs, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Touchmaballs

Whoever came up with this needs to be fired. To have thought this gem up you probably haven't played colossus or planetside much. The colossus has low survivability as is, now you want to stop it defending itself from air near bases fights, with its big hit box.
    You get jihadist coming at you non stop from all directions, invisible flashes with 10 c4, esf c4 suiciders. Perihelion and larion 1000m away shooting at you with pinpoint accuracy as if they have skylance mode as well without having to deploy. Lets make it harder to defend yourself brilliant idea.

The ams function was there but nobody even used it tactically to get closer to capture than sundy deploy zones. If someone did use it would be a sound tactic and worth the resources to help with the fight.

The colossus bubble helping in a push/stalemate was the one main good thing about colossus if you could find a place to deploy so infantry can get an advantage taking base.
  2. Liewec123

While I agree it was nice having an expensive tool that can bypass NDZs
    The people who usually use colossus are the zergfits who really don't need advantages.

But yeah, noone ever used colossus spawn anyway just because of how mandatory Cortium Recycler is.
    So it's a nerf to something that was already underpicked.
    • Up x 1
  3. Touchmaballs

Plenty of zergfits do not give access to war assets to players that might want to try out colossus because outfit resource does not scale at all. They mainly use purple and blue for steel rain and os. I have no problem getting colossus as a solofit player. Its just hard to find worthy fights of pulling a colossus, plus the fact you can only pull from tech plants and warp makes it even harder.
  4. brutes359

I would state that the reason the colossus is so rarely picked has a lot to do with its layouts, poor design, use of a new (and relatively slow to earn) currency, and its glitches in the menus. Fun fact, over on console, the back left turret still cant be swapped out from the gecko to a different turret.

This, coupled with its abhorrently bad anti armor capabilities at range (its basically packing a vanguard 150 with similar travel time) means it cant really engage distant targets such as the magriders effectively.

I would suggest that the maximum gun depression for the vehicle actually be improved during lockdown so it can be used to actually engage distant armored targets more effectively. Beyond this, I see the use of its deployment system for infantry as useful enough already as its bubble shield, numerous gun turrets, and its primary cannon can make it an excellent siege tool. Generally, there is little need to make major changes to the colossus beyond fixing the bugs in its setup screens on console.