Briggs VS/TR 'alliance' - NC overpop, outnumbered always

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MykeMichail, Mar 17, 2014.

1. MykeMichail

I won't say its a formal alliance because its not. But for all intents and purposes, it may as well be.

TR and VS attack the NC. They occasionally trade territory between their warpgates but rarely with anything greater than 1-12 - and that's on BOTH sides.

Frequently, 1-12 VS or TR will make an incursion into enemy territory, get bored and go elsewhere, then the other side will take it back, yet again with no resistance.

Occasionally, VS will gather a decent sized force and head north through TR territory, capturing as they go until a decent sized TR force comes along to slap them down and put them back in their place so they go running back to their warpgate hunch over like Golumn saying "SORRY MASTER!" so they can gear up and go fight the NC again.

So right now I have a few choices when playing the game.

I can play my main, and attack either the VS or TR, and get zerged by both. Occasionally, enough of the NC will gather in one space to defend against, or even push back against, the VS or TR. This is rare, and when it does happen, its only because we're severely lacking on another front and any poor bastard who chooses to stay behind is getting zerged back to his spawn room, which leaving generally means being met with an impregnable wall of death.

I can play my VS alt. In this case, 80% of the squads which are available to join at attacking the NC, and the other 20% are generally capturing undefended territory, of having small 1-12 vs 1-12 fights (frequently, that 1-12 vs 1-12 is actually a 1v1). Any significant progress is met with a abhorrently excessive response from TR. Back up is never called for as clearly the blue territory is so much more valuable than the red.

Then I can play my TR alt. Well here's an exciting prospect. I can either attack the NC, or I can capture undefended or lightly defended territory from the VS. Pretty much like playing VS, except TR players are actually competent and don't need 2 to 1 odds to win a fight - no that it ever stops them from doing so - and when VS pushes too far into their territory there's a sudden violent response.

So I get to either be zerged, zerging, or bored whilst capturing enemy territory.

That is Briggs right now in my view and it has been since I started putting a decent amount of time into the game again.

I've heard all the excuses too.

"NC is over pop during primetime! That's why they get focused!" they say. No, they're over popped during primetime because they're getting focused. Not the other way around. Most people don't actually want to be part of a "roll-through and spawn camp for 10 minutes waiting for the base to capture" zerg.

Seeing as even when population are actually equal, TR and VS still attack NC, more people switch to NC because its more fun to be on the receiving end of a zerg than to be part of it. Its also much better farming.

Then there's the "NC is in warpgate position X, therefore everyone attacks them!" argument. Unfortunately for NC, X is a variable which changes precisely as warpgate positions change. The difference at Quartz Ridge and Howling Pass Check Point is astounding - when NC holds SW warpgate, Howling is dead 70% of the time, Quartz is almost always a platoon level fight. When NC holds the SE warpgate, Quartz is dead 70% of the time, and Howling is going off like a crackers on Chinese New Year.

There's plenty of other excuses going around, some simple, some complex, but all leading to the same conclusion that everyone should attack NC.

Its getting old.
  2. Hosp

That's not unique to Briggs or NC, it's an overall gameplay issue.
  3. Jetlag

nope.jpeg

You start off with the proposition that there is an alliance between TR and VS, then spend the next 8 paragraphs outlining how the VS get smashed everytime they try to advance into TR territory.

Its sad to bash my own faction but VS are not organised to advance against the TR, TR are too organised and drop platoons onto fights stamping them out and demoralising pushes. Unorganised zergs and pub platoons cant and wont fight against that, especially when we cant call for backup because we are underpopped.
    Thats why you never see big fights between the VS and TR.

This has been my experience anyway feel free to argue to your hearts content.
  4. FaLI3N

Well you said it was an excuse earlier but you have been over-popped a lot lately.

Anyway my personal reason for almost solely going for NC lately are because when you push TR you are going for our tech plant through the Quartz Ridge lattice link and thus endangering my vehicle supply/ability to pull tanks. VS on the other hand are nowhere near our tech plant and thus in my eyes less of an issue.

The vehicle fights on the flats of Northern Indar have also been fun, just last night I killed 40+ Vanguards/Lightnings in one tank whereas if I tried to go anti-vehicle against VS the kills would dry up fairly fast as they are less likely to pull magriders. The one time I did try to leave the NC front because VS were pushing Dahaka I got gibbed by a random NC lib in the middle of nowhere in my stealth Prowler. This angered me enough to make me turn around to exact my revenge which led to the aforementioned killstreak in which I killed him 4 times, once in his lib then twice in a vannie before also killing his lightning. The certs were good so I stayed.

When I was playing VS and you were warpgated by TR I came down to the south-eastern cliffs that were at least 4 hexes from friendly territory in order help you guys break out so I am not mean to you all the time <3
  5. MykeMichail

Its interesting to see individual accounts of why people chose to fight a specific faction at a specific time.

I'd like to see more of these personally.
  6. MykeMichail

The point I was trying to make was that any VS push into TR territory is completely ineffective and barely makes a dent in TR's offensive for any decent amount of time.

TR pulling away to defend against VS might take half a platoon away from the TR/NC battle for half an hour. Depending on what bases TR holds on the NC/TR front this can frequently mean absolutely nothing.
  7. AuntLou42

All I can say is it must be nice. Sounds pretty awesome to me. I have 1 character slot left, NC Briggs it is!
  8. FaLI3N

Well most of mine begin with someone in the air annoying me :p

When TR I seem to mainly go against NC because more anti-vehicle work to be done.

When VS I mainly go for TR because stealth magrider is not even nearly as effective against Vanguard and it is downright frustrating to come up against a 2/2 AV vanguard that had no idea I was behind him and still come out with less than 50% health because he popped his shield and turned around. Oh and it is incredibly easy to sound-***** prowlers because of their distinctive dual-cannon which makes it easier to flank them.

When NC I just fight everyone equally because I have less restrictions on myself, don't need to really on others as much because AP's projectile velocity/damage makes it easy enough to kill air whilst on the move and the shield can help you get out of most situations that aren't in your favour.
  9. Tbone

On Ceres TR get pounded by you guys and the VS.Welcome to the club, dog.
  10. Badname707

Yep, high pop faction usually gets double teamed. It's actually kind of disappointing when it doesn't happen on my server.
  11. Yasa

If you get double teamed, all you have to do is take your entire faction and focus on holding one front, while completely ignoring the other. As opposed to losing on both fronts. If you have highest population, you should be able to overpower one faction. Briggs TR does this all the time.
    Lattice system ensures you will not be back capped by another faction. And its easier to defend a 3 way fight than a 2 way.
  12. AxisO7

Sorry Myke, but TR and NC take it in turns to get double teamed. Our two factions tend to fight each other the most, and VS will then consistently focus on the 'weaker' one.

I agree, over the last 7 days NC probably has been double teamed the most. But the previous week I'd definitely say it was TR that copped it. Numerous times we lost our entire western side of the map because we couldn't spare enough people from the NC front (considering you guys already overpopped us) to hold back the VS, while there wasn't anything larger than a single 24-48 fight between NC and VS.

This has been happening for a good 4-6 months. Most NC players only notice when it's NC that is being double-teamed. Likewise most TR players. Often there will be nights where both factions think they are the ones being targeted, because things will swing over the course of the night. And every now and then VS will actually cop it the worst, but that doesn't normally last long as some NC or TR force will start pushing into each others territory and it'll then be on like donkey kong.
  13. JazzaW

I love being TR spending most of my days in a spawn room wondering what the outside world would be like if it wasnt covered in blue tanks, blue libs, and blue reavers. Must be tough winning all the alerts getting 10000 xp all the time. picking off any soldier that would dare venture outside their spawn room to fight 10-1. And sorry to burst your bubble, but as a TR player if I see a Vanu player im going to shoot him, not run next to him toward an oncoming NC zerg. I would expect the same courtesy from our apparent purple buddies.