[Suggestion] Briggs Awareness + Possible Server Merge Suggestion (repost /r/planetside)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Afeltman, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Afeltman

So the EU servers got their merge, but let's face it, Briggs is a ghost town and desperately needs help. I'm American so I can only play on offpeak times, in which there are literally 100 http://borderlinetactical.net/rsnc/world-population/?world_id=0&zoom=1 (Don't know how to format this here) people online, and even during peak it only gets up to around 500 people. (If you're wondering,I chose Briggs when I started PS2 because at the time it was "medium" population and the rest were high and I was such a noob that I didn't want High pop) I've dealt with ping issues and gotten over it, and would like to suggest a merge with Connery (US West), my thinking is that the Aussies could deal with the ping I have dealt with only less as I am US Central and they would only be going from (Aus -> US west) whereas I've been (US Central -> Aus) which is significantly farther. And it has been demonstrated that they Australian community would go to a higher pop US server and suffer the ping like during Loginside. I believe it could also help provide more Connery off peak population. (if only a little more) I think the pros outweigh the cons in this situation, and that other players on Briggs would enjoy it too, and even bring back some people who quit due to low population. Please consider a Briggs merge with Connery SOE.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. XinniX

Exactly how I feel fatal. Ive been wanting this merge between the 2 servers for a while. for 18-20 hours a day the server is pretty much dead. It does planetside 2 no service having such a watered down planetside 2 service.

Sadly, I hit the breaking point about 3 weeks ago, even for a NZ players the peak time is very short. So enjoy better fights a true planetside experience I have shifted my main focus to Connery.

Merge or at the very least a server transfer token to move my toons off it. If they want their battlefield sized fights, by all means let them have them. But let others have a choice.
  3. Afeltman

Exactly my thinking, would even improve the ping for me, getting much hate on reddit.
  4. XinniX

You will man, Its what that reddit does. Honestly its one of the worst communities ive had the pleasure of since lol. They seem to think its mandatory to be a part of to play on briggs, Which makes the situation worse.