Breaking news via T-ray

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Van Dax, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Van Dax

[IMG]

I'm satisfied. Sort of. could be good. could be amazing.
    • Up x 8
  2. IamDH

My only question is why didnt they just release this change with the other changes? (hacking and stuff)

Doesn't really matter to me much tho because i think the magrider looks better at the moment (i haven't seen camo ingame yet tho)
  3. eldarfalcongravtank

seriously they dont even know how to run this crap. instead of making both parties happy by keeping the magrider the way it was and give it another look when it's hacked, they screw over PAYING CUSTOMERS by ruining the tank's look and reducing the camo coverage. cant they do anything right? god this makes me mad
    • Up x 2
  4. Nintyuk

I must admit from my point of view the Magrider looks a lot slicker and less blobby with a more alien sharp edge to it now.
    But I'm not someone who drives them so...
    • Up x 9
  5. Van Dax

You know what? I think I love you. That is a perfectly reasonable response even if I don't like it.
    • Up x 8
  6. Ash87

Because it seems they are still arguing over whether hacking should go in.
  7. Regpuppy

"2 camos and 2 decals"

hmmmm....

"alternate base paint hacking (if wanted)"
    Well, I think we're being set up for a let down or this is the weirdest way to hint ever. :p

Something tells me they're still discussing it internally, but have found another way to leverage the texture change just in case. T-rays subtle hints could be a roundabout way of asking for feedback on it. :eek:
  8. IamDH

So they release it anyways?
    I think the new shape should stay the same and the camo coverage should be given a bit more thought or maybe changed when hacked
  9. deggy

This is my Magrider now.
    [IMG]

It used to be completely covered in Desert Camo. Now.... well, yeah.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ash87

Well there was also mention of being able to apply multiple camos.
  11. Wezdor

Yep. Bugging TRay until 2 am yesterday seems to have paid off.

Also, he made me use a troll icon on twitter <.<
  12. MasonSTL

I can't believe how many people dislike the color change, I think it looks more menacing and less plastic like.
  13. R3dBeaver

2 camo with fullbody decal?

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  14. tproter

THe magriders now look positively hideous.

Beta becoming alpha = PS2.
  15. Liewec123

sounds like $oE are preparing for their old classic dirty-marketing! ;)
    "aaaw you look ridiculous, so you want to look decent again? then just buy this underpaint for 1000SC!"
    my favourite from the past was when they broke Falcons so they could sell us Ravens (for 1000SC per arm).
    • Up x 3
  16. TheBlindFreak

I expected a "Deal with it :cool:" response. Like the one he gave all the NC players who were upset with their infiltrator bras.
  17. Flapatax

I wish he had. This community is so incredibly whiny.
    • Up x 3
  18. CrashB111

I'm against it just because Infantry can already counter armor so easily. With Hacking every single class would have some way to one shot kill an enemy tank, what is the point of even pulling armor when everyone out there is either carrying C4, Rockets, AV turrets, hack tools or mines?
    • Up x 1
  19. skyN3T

What? The panic and uproar is calming now?
    This is the best stunt I've seen in years... first people get mad about the overhaul, once it's hinted that they can spend more to look better they calm down, or even better they get happy! Not to mention that this way even those who fully "upgraded" the looks (read : those willing to pay) can cough up even more money. Kudos SOE, well thought out strategy, capitalizing on human nature.
    Looking at this it's more probable that SOE will throw more decals 'n' stuff at players than it was done for the sole purpose of Infiltrator overhaul.

P.S.
    Anyone liking the new Mag looks, please respond to Kugelfisch. He has yet to see someone who likes it.
  20. Van Dax