BR 100?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by D-Spirith, Jan 8, 2013.

1. NoXousX

You get to enter prestige mode, and start all over.
    • Up x 2
  2. Zotamedu

I don't get why we even have a BR system. It's not bringing anything at all to the game other than yet another way for insecure preteens to measure their e-*****. We should have some kind of usefulness score instead to show off how useful a player is to the team.

The whole XP system is pretty wonky BTW. Being a very useful team of 5 burster MAX can easily change the tide of battle since they can create a pretty efficient no fly zone. The one who gets all the XP is the engineer that feeds them ammo and the pilots they fail to shoot down that run off to get repair XP. I found another interesting mechanic today and that is the cap in XP from hacking. After hacking 7 items I no longer received any XP. Well that's useful since I then moved on to be an engineer to do some repair only to have my face blown off by one of the turrets I never bothered to hack. Couldn't they have found a smarter way to implement a limit on hacking? Like making it take substantially longer time? Hacking a turret takes seconds even with the lowest level hacking skill. Repair the same turret takes ages. Blowing it up depletes all your rockets and also take quite some time since they are so slow to reload. Or you could make the XP for hacking less. The current system is just dickish and leaves you feeling cheated even though you should be playing to help your team instead of for your own gains. At the mean time the liberator gunner above has a KDR of 200 with no XP cap in sight...
  3. NoXousX

BF generally corresponds to experience. Would you be more concerned about a BR70 or 20?
  4. Morpholine

I'm more concerned about the guy shooting at me. I rarely have time to take note of how long he's spent playing.
  5. Drsexxytime

BR could be a nice carrot on a stick. Special titles and decals really are not enough. Special armors/camo would be nice but it cuts into their monetary gains from microtransactions. Now, what they could do is offer 3 special armors/camo for say BR50, 75, and 100. Make the user select one, free, and if they want the other two, SC them. That would allow them to have the opportunity to cash in on the special assets, makes the player stand out, and thus gives people a reason to play.

You can apply this to people who "defend" as well, say number of bases, this would stop the mindless zerg cap and forget methods.
  6. Morpholine

Well, there are also additional load out slots opened by ranking up, but they cap out fairly early, as far as I know.
  7. ritual

Being able to get a one-time only full cert refund at BR100 could be kind of cool. I don't know if that would even be useful at that point, a BR100 might already have everything unlocked, but I know at BR25 i'm nowhere close to having everything unlocked that I want and am definitely wishing I hadn't unlocked some things that I have.
  8. Zotamedu

I can't really see their BR as they are shooting at me and it takes just as many hits from a BR1 as a BR100 to kill me. This is not DotA where a player 10 levels higher than me will kill me off by breathing in my general direction. Level doesn't mean anything here. Levels mean absolutely nothing in an FPS.
  9. forkyar

nope,server doesnt tell everone you got br100 first or something,no one will know unless you tell them,you dont get anything extra other then a medal and that rank.and thats how it should be
  10. Banick

Maybe for those 1%'ers, world first BR100 was utilising questionable tactics and was banned for it, alas it was lifted and his exp was not reset, so he just continued in the method he was accustomed. I only just reached BR50 with 250 hours played. I personally find the remaining exp to 100 would probably take me a year at the rate it has slowed to, perhaps more.
  11. D-Spirith

The thing is, the rank system looks more like Battlefield+call of duty, you get a higher rank and can switch your title. But you get nothing, I dont like that system, it is pointless, it is boring.
    And yeah, i started playing PS2 because i very enjoyed playing PS1 long time ago.
    This is my personal opinion.
  12. Kevorkian

BR100 is for noobs who spam Libs (pre-incoming nerf) to brag about how little of a life they have.