BR 100 - the difficult way... by NovaAustralis

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NovaAustralis, Jan 1, 2014.

1. NovaAustralis

Not to gloat, but I finally got there!
    Okay, big deal, so I join 130+ other BR 100's on Briggs alone...
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/leaderboard.php?server=Briggs

Well, I'm pretty sure that I did it the difficult way!
    - NEVER used Rocket Pods :eek:
    - never used any HE weapons on any platform
    - didn't spend much time as a Medic (only towards the end for some variety) and that class makes XP like crazy!
    - didn't spend a lot of time in a Liberator (and not during the pre-nerf spam days) only the occasional run.

My only advantage was the 50% bonus from a 1 Year Membership.
    (and in the last week as a BR 99 I used a 1 Week XP Boost that I had saved up.)
    [IMG]

It took me a year of most weekends to get here.
    So without the membership bonus I'd assume it would take 2 years. (purely F2P)

Through the Rocket-Pod and Zephyr spam, through the broken flinch mechanic days, I fought and fought to get certs. Through the Striker spam days and ZOE MAX rushes, I fought and fought, resisting the temptation to use the OP FoTM item (whatever that is for the NC...:rolleyes: )
    I started out as a Heavy Assault as most (NC) noobs probably do.
    My time as Engineer was first off in support of using my Reaver and Vanguard mainly, then I realised how profitable it is to drop ammo and repair MAXs!
    The Infiltrator was my favourite (many a 'Black Op' back in the day!) until the class was slowly ruined by various bugs, patches / changes and outright nerfs.
    I put 1000s of certs into my MAX over that time, but when the 350 Infantry Resources cost for a MAX came out, I haven't used it very much at all.
    Light Assault and Medic I only played towards the end, purely out of seeking something new and in support of the squad.
    Here's what I used the most for interest sake:
    [IMG]

I'm taking a break from PS2 now.
    I'll keep an eye on things and might jump back on when I see Hossin or something else interesting (see my signature block and posting history for what...).
    Maybe I'll work more on my VS and/or TR alts... ;)

I'll finish with an epic rank up screenshot and wish you all good luck in your journey to BR 100! :)
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  2. Paperlamp

Rather than resist any OP FotM items you should abuse them to no end so they get changed faster. Cheesers are really helping speed up the balancing process by putting those overpowered items into stat form so the developers can understand in their native language that it's overpowered.
  3. f0d

congrats nova i knew you were going to get there soon
    nice BR100 screenshot - i wish i did the same for my BR100
  4. Axehilt

Congrats!
  5. Spartan3123

well done!

... and look who he killed to get br 100 !
  6. HadesR

Congratz :)

And Yeah I'm trying to get there in a similar way myself..

But with no MBT's / Lightnings / ESF's / Lib's / Harassers / MAX's / Shotguns etc etc

I have a total of 3hrs play in the above vehicles ( From release day )

I don't buy boosts ( I still have the ones from WDS unused )

Yeah with no Metagame we make ones up :p
  7. TheFamilyGhost

Congrats! Nice breakdown, it was fun to read.
  8. Goretzu

Nice job. :)
  9. Dethonlegs

Grats. But I have to say, doing it 'the hard way' would be everything you mentioned you did less the bonus.

I got to 100 without flying and without any paid for boosts (just the ones they gave away). Come to think of it I played heavy just about exclusively until lvl 80 until I was introduced to the wonderful world of tanking. Kills per minute went down but XP per minute (from vehicles) was WAY up.

Still, getting to 100 is an achievement. Well done.
  10. Yuukikun

Speed up? Do you know how long the ZOE and Harasser were up before any consideration of nerf from SOE?
  11. Sen7rygun

Jesus this is like 2 Christmases coming at once. You're not dumping HEAT from a Vanguard AND you killed the great white buffalo for the 100.

Nice.
  12. Yasa

Thats not difficult at all.
    Difficult is doing it without exp bonuses. 60+ days played and 35000+ kills later and.. I only just hit br 98 today with the holiday bonus. (I don't lib or rocketpod either, KDR only 2+.) Im saving my 3 day WDS exp boost for when im br 99.
    Its like slamming your head against a wall. Lvl 98-100 is like lvl 1-40.

But still, congratulations.