[Guide] BR 1-15 ~ Spending your 1500 certs

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Asageh, May 22, 2015.

1. Asageh

Hello fellow Doctors of War and Destruction! I am Asageh (if you couldn't already tell), as some of you may already know, Daybreak has implemented a catch-up system for new players and alt characters with the new patch, so i sat down and started thinking, what can a NEW player who is interested in playing the Combat Medic should cert into? Well I decided to take on the role of the New player and start from scratch with an NC Medic on the Emerald server and a TR Medic on the Connery server. This is what I believe are the most useful cert investment for a New Combat Medic, to get a even footing on the battlefield against their enemies and be a glowing green Savior for their allies.

• NC1 Gauss Rifle / T1 Cycler / Pulsar VS1 defaults
    2x or 1x Sight -5 Certs!!!!!
    Forward Grip -100 Certs

• Mag Shot / TX1 Repeater / Beamer VS3 defaults
    Laser Sight -100 Certs

• Medical Applicator [Rank 5] -190 Certs
    • Nano-Regen Device [Rank 6] -281 Certs
    • Nanoweave Armor [Rank 4] -211 Certs
    • Medical Kits [Rank 3] -300 Certs

This particular loadout will yield the player about a 1187 Cert investment and the player should have all the listed equipment by Battle Rank 12!!!!! :eek:

Now there are other options if a player wants a little more Oomph in their gameplay or a bit more of a support role on the battlefield, here is what I got.

• C-4 [Rank 2] -700 Certs
    By investing into two bricks of C-4, you can effectively deal with MAX units and Armor, but this will yield the player about 400 more Certs.

• Grenade Bandolier [Rank 2] -250 certs
    • Nanite Revive Grenade -400 certs
    With this, you swap out the Nanoweave Armor suit slot for a Grenade Bandolier. Sadly to have both of these, with your 1500 Certs alone, you would have to drop your Medical Kits for the Revive Grenade. But atleast you'll contribute more to your team and wrack in more certs in your Planetside 2 days. This will have your loadout cost you about 1326 Certs.
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428280608551700225
  2. agentpuhpul

nice guide! you should check out my guide for the Heavy assault :p it's a video

in there, I mention it's actually only 1400 certs that you are getting since you don't get 100 certs at BR 1..

also, I did some math and worked out you'd get 478 certs from just playing the game to BR 15

Hope this info helps, and if you're interested, my guide is attached below.

• Up x 1
  3. Asageh

I actually got the idea to do a guild for the Medic because I watched that exact video you did for the Heavy Assault. :eek::p
    I gave your video my support by liking it. Great job on the video. ;)
    • Up x 1
  4. agentpuhpul

HA NO WAY!

thank you so much! ^^ funny enough after I finished the Heavy guide, I sent it over to camikaze78 and he really liked the video and mentioned he may use my videos in the future...From all the good feedback, I was planning on doing the medic one then I noticed your post.
    Mind if I use some of your data? I'll give you a shout out/credit for helping me :)
  5. Asageh

yes! by all means, have away at it! :eek::D
  6. Ximaster

Let me tell u,that im very undecided to which class to start as a Terran,this time take the turn to combat medic.

Im going to spend some cash in the AMR-66,yeah,that scout rifle,seems useful as far i test on VR room. Im going to buy either a skin and a spanish banner onto shoulder. Later with 1500 certs at BR 15 im going to spend this,in healing armor to maximum (if i can) ,and med kit to maximum (if i can either) ,and if i have more certs,to boost speed in the accessory skill,and in winned certs in time,a healing grenade,seems useful in rooms that there are plenty of allyes and was beign hurts.

Seems to be a good combo for combat medic for a starter. And seems that medics and engineers can gain certs quicker than any other class. Every time u heal or ressurrect an allye u gain experience and this means certs. I cant imagine how much certs u gain in BR 100 every time u heal or ressurrect... This two classes means certs fabrics.
  7. jmdafk

Ive used anti explosive armour since reading a guide elsewhere and tbh i think thats a worthy investment.
    When your reviving indoors your going to get a lot of grenades and c4 come your way. The grenade armour has saved me a lot more times than the nanoweave has. Infact its a bit surereal to see all your comrades fall around you and youre still stood there like nothing happened.

If your NC or VS dont carry C4 as a medic. This peeves me off big time.
    The times ive gone to run over a helpless medic only for him to drop C4 and blow me into last week has led to many a hissy fit.
    Medics just dont carry C4 and blow my tank up, its not fair. Im sure its cheating or not an hounerable way to fight!

And i saw an awesome piece of VS LA + medic team work on sunday (hossin alert)
    LA charges into a room and gets cut down after making a good dash to seemingly nowhere. TR go back to defending.
    Skillful VS medic bungs in a revive grenade and gets the LA going again with NOBODY noticing from TR! The LA promptly then moved into a position to take the TR by suprise. I saw it happen and was so in awe at the teamplay what few shots i let off at the LA missed!
  8. Asageh

As a TR player, both the Medics and the Engineers have great starter weapons, Carv is alright, but Medic and Engineer is where it's at if you want to gain certs quickly and still be good at combat.

The "Grenade Armor" you are referring to is the Flak Armor, and it is quite powerful, more powerful than Nanoweave early on in the game, especially when you're outdoors where Air, Tanks and people spamming grenades is quite festive.
  9. jmdafk

yeh, when things kick off TR all usually go medic as its the only class that has weapons capable of actually hitting anything smaller than a galaxy!

and yes, flak armour. Flak armour. Im old and forgetful
  10. PrimedReborn

I don't think c4 is a good choice to spend you first big certs. Its more of an add on of you want more variety kind of thing imo, med app is more important or maybe even certs into nanoweave.
  11. Asageh

That is why I listed them separately. :D
  12. PrimedReborn

Sorry lol