Bouncing Betty

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by baka, Aug 6, 2013.

1. baka

Anyone else notice that the Bouncing Betty actually jumps up about 3 feet, wobbles slightly then detonates?
    Normally I am seeing myself dead before I see the explosion, but the other night I got a clear view.
    One the other hand, I almost never see a Proximity mine when it kills me.
    • Up x 1
  2. Compass

Not really. I do notice these claymores, though.
    • Up x 2
  3. Tobax

Added last patch but most enemy won't see it since we put them somewhere out of sight in the first place, like to the side of a door.
  4. RomulusX

What's the animation associated with the prox mine?
  5. Ronin Oni

None, they're just larger with brighter teal lights.

They do still have a delay on detonation though where I think the beep first? I dunno, I only kill with them, not die to them :p

Betties were given the animation in GU13, and Claymores I think more reliably show the green det cone?

Also, placement time takes longer now, and there's a delay before they're armed.... prevents using them like a nade as many did.
  6. Van Dax

actuallly the prox mines shoot a beam into the air and make some beeping noises then explode.
    • Up x 1
  7. Spude

Yeah thats why its called bouncing betty.
  8. KenDelta

Yea bouncing betties actually jump , at some point I crouch(codhabbit) but still die.
    • Up x 1
  9. Syrathin

Yep they got new sounds and animations, I've seen it a couple times now. I also think the light ring on the top blinks at the same time the beeping starts as well.
    Haven't had the chance yet to see if the VS AP mines do anything interesting, Though I have run across a couple that fell through the terrain and that's always interesting. :eek:
  10. Flarenza

I never understood why the TR Claymores had their conal disadvantage(which should have a longer range) while the Bouncing Betty doesn't have the disadvantage of reduced to no damage when you duck under the blast.
  11. CrashB111

False, they upped the damage on them so much that even with a slight delay if an infiltrator runs up to a squad and tosses the prox mine unless you started running THAT second, you will still be in the blast.
  12. ent|ty

I'm too busy saying 'oh ****' and trying to jump back around the corner before it blows to notice.
    • Up x 1