Boosting and Banning: Any official statement ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Nov 21, 2012.

1. UberBonisseur

People WILL use various XP "boost" tactics to gain certs faster.

Any official statement about boosting being forbidden ?
  2. Dasbag

A system created by SOE being forbidden?
  3. Capt. Mytre

The best I can think of is some people going off to a far location as a medic + an engi and an enemy faction doing the same, and killing the engi and rezing them and the engi would receive ammo points. While it would seem like a good idea, it might be hard to remain undiscovered.

Also, it would be quiet easy to limit this via limiting the amount of exp you can receive off one person per 15mins etc. For example, once you have rezzed someone 10 times, you won't receive any more points for 15mins from them.
  4. SystemUpload

This thread is stupid in before the close!
  5. UberBonisseur

There is already a sort of "Anti-boosting" system; any friendly fire taken will cancel the XP you get by repairing/healing

Not sure if they improved it, but the last time I checked ONE friendly bullet on a tank could cancel all the XP you'd make by repairing vehicles for several minutes, which was absurd.

I was thinking about something like a medic, a engineer meatbag, and a killer of the opposition faction at the other side of the map. It's extremly simple to do and would not be surprised if people did
  6. Fleabag

I saw an XP farming ring in beta. Rolled around a coral rock thing on the right northern most tip of Indar, bam, five people, four of one empire one of another sat in a merry little circle exploiting away like mad. My Sundy gunners keeled 'em.

Be amazed if its not happening all over the place right now, can only hope they get banzored if anyone does it.
  7. Capt. Mytre

Thats what I am talking about, but you have one medic and one engi on either side.