Bolt snipers cant 1 shot kill HA anymore? coz full 20/25 % nano armour??

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Jeroam, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Jeroam

wtf is going on or am i paranoid.

Im NC bolt sniper, aiming at HA headshots, but quite a few not instant dying in 1 hit in the head anymore. ( btw all of them didnt have glowing shield ability on etc)

Is it because most HA have more certs in nano armour now up to 20/25% and now we cant 1 kill headshot them anymore??

its becaming very frustrating, as they just run away after first headshot. They spam Q spot on me, and then i die later.

Most enemy are HA, if i cant kill them instantly with bolt sniper headshots, then i quit this game. If snipers cant easily thin out the zerg numbers, then its just a casual zerg-fest, and who-ever has the most ppl wins.

At least before the smaller side could snipe the bigger zerg down. but now i feel its pointless. as soon as u shoot the head of an HA they run away, heal up and attack again.

Can anymore confirm this? u cant 1 headshot kill HA anymore if they have at least 20/25% nano armour upgrade???
  2. Opapanax

Oh noes...!!!! NC Sniper not happy with OHK weapon malfunctioning...

Oh noess!!!! What shall they do now..?

So sad, but Snipers get very little compassion when they come to complain about their OHK weapons. They work perfectly fine and will kill 90% of soft targets in one shot..

I really don't see how this could be affecting your gameplay on that large of a scale. Yes people are starting to get more certs and some have chosen some defensive ones (More than likely to direcly counter being OHK'd by Sniper fire)..

You can't ask for that to get nerfed.. You'll just seem like your ******** at the one that got away..

Zerg fest is just slightly more bareable than walking out of spawn room or building just to have 5 different OHK weapon carrying snipers taking shots at the same targets..

That ***** just as ****** lame homeboy.. you gotta be real with yaself on that one..
  3. exLupo

There's always been a range that HA with high Nano can survive OHK. It's a damage degradation thing. Close enough and you'll be doing 1500 damage and the best a HA can get, before overshield, is 1250. Unless they have a bigger default shield (which they may, infils have only 400) but if it were 600 that's still 1350.

Damage degradation + nanoweave at work.
  4. ISKNausicaa

Looking at the numbers

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&gid=12

Seem to indicate we should still be able to kill people with a headshot even with 25% nano, in beta we never had any trouble with it.

What we did encounter in beta was a bug where you would hit with a weapon but no damage occured this seemed to affect bolt action rifles most of all being an all or nothing kind of weapon.

Having nano suddenly requiring 2 shots to kill would fundamently change the balance of the weapon, giving a massive advantage to longer term players without any downsides, something the devs swore wouldnt be the case.

I suspect that its a reoccurance of the hits not registering damage bug, but id like some confirmation either way, in fact ill tweet higby and see if we cant get an answer.
  5. exLupo

Would be easy to test if you can find someone with Nano4/5 on a HA and 5 minutes.

I've got neither of those things, sadly.
  6. ISKNausicaa

Sitting on one of the tech plants legs firing down on guys entering the back door ive had guys survive, which they really shouldnt at that range, fair enough extreme ranges but we are talking below 120 meters.
  7. exLupo

Gross. Someone had said they think HA were getting Nanoweave bonus to both shield and armor. With damage degradation starting at 10m and a nano5 HA, if bugged, having 1500 hp, maybe that is it?

Check a Nano5 headshot at 11m. Will confirm a bug if nothing else.
  8. Jeroam

Most my headshots on HA did like 90% damage, so there is no BUG( of no damage) . i press Q on them to spot their health etc. And im not sniping from massive long distances either. its like mybe 100 metres or more etc.

The biggest weakness of the HA were the snipers. Now HA can shoot tanks, air, and bum rush ALL other infantry classes. So now the bigger zerg army auto-wins everytime now.

Before if ur army is against a bigger zerg army, u could hold off the enemy push with snipers etc. but now HA can just bum rush through and own everything. biggest joke, no strategy, im thinking of quiting then.

U cant two shot HA with bolt snipers, after the first hit, they have so much time to then zig-zag across to cover, get medic or heal himself. Then they hunt ur down by running zig-zag at u....
  9. ISKNausicaa

Its not just HA that have survived at that range with 100% certain headshots, every other class including infils have as well.

It does sound like a bug to me

Either way it is an issue, having to suddenly take 2 hits with a bolt action against even a semi aware opponent would make life very difficult.

In my opinion if this intended it fundamentally breaks the balance of bolt action rifles, take for instance the close range bolt action rifles like the VS ghost, who in their right mind is going to use one of these weapons if their is no real pay off to using it (getting a OSOK) and your target can casually turn around and wax you?

In ps1 2 shot bolt action rifles were a viable weapon, infantry didnt move or strafe at nearly the speed they do in this game and you had a second weapon slot to support diffcult shots such as using a scorpion in conjuction with the bolt driver.
  10. Jeroam

thx ISK for checking it. i hope its a bug, coz if not im quiting this game for good. Sniping is the only skillful class in this game, and if its nerfed this heavily then im out.
  11. Meiu

You actually just need to get a bit closer since damage drops off range, if you aren't killing the HA due to his full nano it might be a distance issue. Otherwise, you'll just have to work around it since if any class should be able to cert into not being one shot it should be the HA, honestly.
  12. Meiu

Sniping isn't the only skillful action in this game. Sniping is actually pretty damn easy, just because it is hard for you doesn't mean it is for everyone else. All I have to do is put my sight on someones head with my LA80 and it will 9 times out of 10 be a headshot, otherwise if the distance between their shoulders is shorter than the width of a mil dot I move it down a bit and headshot them. Once you learn to gauge your distance by your dots headshotting becomes the norm at all distances. You should try playing LA if you think sniping takes skill...
  13. Moxin

When I engage an HA without his shield activated and hit him in the head, he is left with 15-20% of his green bar...could not down a HA so far with one shot from range. Yeah. The light classes should actually all die with a good placed shot to the head.
  14. Moxin

I m

Maybe try to engage from range with a 12x scope and not just with a close engagement, not so easy to headshot except you can hit him with the middle part of the aimcross or close to it. You will have a challenge, I promise you.
  15. Venick

Alright I have to comment my opinion on this. Whether PS2 acknowledges and considers sniping as a viable, effective tactic in a battle is irrelevant - sniper rifles may as well play their role. I see a lot of complaints about people able to survive after one shot. First off, this is nothing new and most FPS have gone this direction. This is brought on by limitations of implementation from the real world to a game world.

As an example, CS and COD have relatively small areas. You don't have to know much more to understand that they are not suited for real snipers. So this CAN allow for one-shot-one-kills. In BF3, there is a much larger playing area and it can take multiple shots. PS2 gives you plenty of time to adjust and room to spot.

There are some rifles and situations I would probably consider to be 'underboard'. The Vanu starting rifle takes 3-5 shots to the body - to pull that off on a moving target is satisfying but also disheartening. Distance increases this difficulty. Its sad to see damage scale against distance. You can take the elite road and explain how you never miss, never hit the arms, and always hit the head, even on a moving target, but sniping can be difficult.

The best thing to do is compare. What is the battle effectiveness of a sniper over another class. Should average score/min reflect this effectiveness? Should adjustments be made? But not getting a OHK on a headshot doesn't surprise me these days and with as much room as we have, it's expected.
  16. Meiu

I regularly go on 20+ kill streaks without missing a single shot from near max range with my 12x scoped LA80, it isn't actually hard. From the way it sounds you haven't discovered what high velocity rifles are yet.

P.S. It's harder to close range snipe because you have to conceal your shots and position properly. The better you get the closer you can effectively shoot from. You don't understand this though, and that is ok.

Also, once you actually figure out how to shoot youll be able to use proportions to determine the exact distance of your enemy to know exactly where to fire on your sights. Here is a hint, compare the size of a mil to the size of your enemies head.
  17. Moxin

Iam just playing with the beginner bolt rifle so far. Will try to practice more, well Iam comming from military fps (i.e. arma 2) and you need actually to calculate it or use a range finder aswell zeroing the gun if you want to have precise hits with your first shot from long range.

Thx for the hints this will help me, will trial the suggested weapon later ingame for sure.
  18. Jeroam

wtf is going on with some of u saying the lamest stuff. ur saying its acceptable that u cant do 1 shot headkills anymore??? Bf3, CS, COD, etc they all have this 1 headshot kill implemented coz its one of the most satisfying kills to accomplish in the game. Thats one of the real reasons their renowned, admired and addictive games. I cant image playing those games without that 1 headshot kill factor, can u?

and wtf, ppl saying bolt sniper is easy? have u tried to 1 headshot kill against decent Outfits where all there players are zig-zagging and jumping like crazy. Its only easy if ur enemy is running in a straight line coz hes lazy.

And this thread is referring to medium range battles where u cant 1 headshot kill anymore. Im NOT complaining about trying to 1 shot kill someone 3000 metres away.
  19. iller

< I'm okay with this . jpg >

It's a good thing actually, because it means everyone has to face reality and come to terms with this class getting more ways to be productive than just OHK Snipes. (like more distraction devices, maybe even some clones and other gadgets for CQC that allow the Melee Champions to get a few Knifings off).

Also: higher Jumping too, or climbing... this whole class needs more ways to flank people...