Bolt action sniper rifles and re-loading bullets

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Sajenix, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Sajenix

Hi there, I'm new at planetside and I'm slowly learning. I wanted to try something new, so I gave infiltrator a shot and it's a load of fun. But one thing that bothered me is when I want to reload my bullet, you must get out of scope to do this. Is there anyway I can take my shot and have it re-load the bullet automatically? It's not a big deal but I'm struggling to get used to it.
    Thanks in advanced.
  2. MisterSlim

If you're talking about shot chambering (which I assume you are), then the Bolt-Action rifles are able to be equipped with a Straight Pull Bolt (or a Supercooled Coil if you're VS) which allow you to chamber your next round whilst you are still scoped in. However, a word of caution, this can lead to some nasty tunnel vision, and will normally net you a nice countersniper bullet to the head (or a knife in the spine).

In short: Straight Pull Bolt (Supercooled Coil) lets you stay scoped in until your mag is empty.

If you're new to sniping, you should check out my Sniper's Guide! The link to it is in my signature.

Have a c0ld, c0ld Day
    -MisterFr0st
    • Up x 2
  3. Sajenix

Thank you Fr0st! Looking at your guide right now.
  4. MisterSlim

Happy to help! If you're ever on the Emerald server, hit me up in-game! if you're a VS Emerald in particular, Ghosts of the Revolution is a great outfit to join, especially if you want to ease into the game and learn the ropes. We have lots of helpful hands around eager and able to help out the new guys in all our divisions. Whether it be amor, air, ground pounding, or sniping, we have a place for you.

Stay Fr0sty
    -MisterFr0st
  5. Cz4rMike

Important note - SPB allows you to eliminate scope out/in delay that you would have without SPB. So you can shoot next shot earlier.