BLOW YOUR BRAINS OUT (Or to use new cool hacks called HEADPHONES)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LoveDispenser, Feb 5, 2016.

1. LoveDispenser

So... I killed KingCrimson, shot him right in his ***, when he ran past me and didn't notice that I was just to the left.
    And suddenly I'm a hacker. So I started recording.
    Rest of the story You can see in the video.

KingCrimson, please, control yourself. It's bad for your health when you butthurting that much.
  2. LoveDispenser

HD vid is processing. Wait for it if you want to read the chat.
  3. Poppington

Why does this post exist? Both of you are being petulant.
    • Up x 3
  4. LoveDispenser

^_^
  5. zu2

I think KingCrimson is spending too much of his time as an infil. Given that the base is totally dominated by the VS, he should expect that he is going to get chopped if he stays stationary too much or is too predictable. And he doesn't seem to be using his recon assets very well.
  6. Scr1nRusher

This thread title exists.
    • Up x 1
  7. AxiomInsanity87

Playing as vs is bad for your health.
  8. Shiaari

Hey, I'm completely deaf in my left ear, and the game has no mono audio option, and neither does my onboard audio. With headphones on I am at a severe disadvantage.

So, I must play with speakers on.
  9. Naaahhhhh

You should just simply reported him for insult. I wonder my self if king crimson is using a silencer. I guess it was the vandal but without. I also wonder my self how a infl. think that he win straight on against a full auto shotgun.

Wahtever the rage was real and such thinks like "kill your self" shouldn´t be tolerated.
  10. LoveDispenser

Silencer - check. But big closed headphones FTW.
    Also my shottie is not full-auto, it's default, "fast reload".
  11. Naaahhhhh

Sorry my bad. I really like your playstyle with tankmines + shotguns for AI.

Can you also hear the Nyx + Silencer with you headphones? And is the NC and TR equivalent also so quiet like the Nxy with silencer?

This could be a real advantage form the ES semi auto Scoutrifles about the vandal.
  12. LoveDispenser

Those rifles are not so common, so I really don't know. But defenetely, when silenced sniper rifles or carbines/SMGs shooting, I can hear it clearly and even determine position and distance. It's like ingame sound levels are not linear but with some kind of compressor, that makes silent sounds louder compared to other loud sounds. Or it's just me, coz I'm sound producer and musician, lol.
  13. Taemien

I'd recommend a 5.1 surround sound system. You'll still be able to hear stuff on your left side through your right ear. But it'd be lower just like objects outside game. That would sound a bit more 'nature' to you.

Its pricey, but worth it if you use your computer for watching movies and the like.
  14. Shiaari

Eh, I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. When you only have one working ear it is impossible to localize sound at all without having additional information, such as visual cues. In a real environment it's easier because you can abstract how a sound has been modified by what's around you, and figure it out pretty fast. But, in an artificial environment like a video game where most sound is flattened anyway with minimal environmental modifications, it all sounds the same.

Its even worse with headphones when an audio source is squarely on the side you can't hear from, because such a source doesn't pick up at all on the other side. Which means you just don't hear it all. With my speakers on I can at least determine that something is nearby, even if I can't immediately know from which direction.
  15. Taemien

I could be wrong, but I think it actually depends on the game. But with PS2 I can usually pinpoint a person's location by their footsteps. I figured that depending on how the room the sound system works is that the left side speakers would echo the sound off the right wall.

I would say test it out.. but its an expensive thing to test unfortunately. And if you're right and it doesn't make a difference, then its a pretty costly thing for nothing.
  16. The Rogue Wolf

A lot of people forget that it is a suppressor and not a silencer, which means it can still be heard at a distance (which depends on the weapon). I've tracked down more than a few suppressed sniper rifles whose users didn't bother with basic precautions because they thought they were untrackable.