Blitz or Cyclone

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Hotyfo, May 18, 2013.

1. urida

2. HeadshotVictim

can we add a poll for this thread? :D
  3. RX530SS

If you get a shotgun just buy the sweeper with certs. It's only 250. If you get an smg, it depends on your play style. If you like to ads, you should go with that and an extended mag. Or you can put and adv. laser on there if you have really good aim. If you prefer to hip fire, I recommend the blitz. I don't have the gd-7f, but I have experience with high rate of fire weapons. At close range they have a faster ttk than any weapon besides shotguns, but they burn through ammo very quickly and have a slower reload speed.
  4. MrRube

I haven't played with the blitz, but I have gotten araxium on the Merc, cyclone, and GD-7F. Of those three, the cyclone is my favorite. With extended mags it is like running around with a higher RoF Merc with 5 extra shots. It is not as good at range as the merc, but in a pinch you can get hits at 50+. I found that I ran my mag dry way too often with the GD-7F. This coupled with the long reload can make the weapon a liability in engagements with more than one enemy.

As with any weapon, trialing it before you unlock it is a good idea.
  5. Halvorana

The problem is that the SMGs are pretty bad on a trial and 10x better with a full cert-out.
  6. HeadshotVictim

I unlocked the Cyclone and tried it out without any equipment at all.
    It was pretty good.
    With SoftPoints, Extended Mags (and suppressor and 1x reflex ) its really nice.
    3ppl are on a good day no problem at all.... flashbang and kill them all :D
  7. BloodyG

Well i love the Blitz, the high rof+50Bullets is just the MP to go with, if you wan't a more reliable MP on mid-range get the Cyclone.
  8. Incentive Legend

If you play aggressively in CQC then go with the Blitz SMG or piston full auto shotgun. I have auraxiumed both and they where both heaps of fun. ;)
  9. Messaiga

Why you no post Necro picture? :confused:
    [IMG]
    Anyway I myself prefer the Cyclone, it feels more like a Carbine than SMG and that is what I like about it.
    • Up x 1
  10. Sanguinary

Depends a lot on your playstyle (and class of preference).

As you're buying it with SC, buying an SMG means you can unlock it for all classes. If you buy a shotgun, it's limited to HA/Engi/Medic/LA, and if you buy a Carbine, you're limited to LA and Engi.

Shotguns excel at exactly the ranges they are intended for, and not a lot further. Pump-actions are generally very rewarding if you can be within the effective range of them and can land your shots. Semi-automatics tend to have better magazine sizes and/or reload speeds, and a good enough rate of fire to put 2-3 shots down range if you stuff one up. Full-auto shotguns are more ideal if your prepared to use half a magazine on one target, but will almost guarantee you a kill.

SMG's are great for hipfire, and great if you're happy to use them for CQC Infiltrators (assuming you don't like the scout rifles or semi-autos). Generally speaking they have low bullet velocity, which is made more noticeable if you silence and/or use soft-points - this means you'll need to lead your targets by a fair bit at anything past point blank.

Of the two options, the Blitz is the most forgiving, but lacks the damage (has a higher RoF, though), having 50 in the magazine means you can engage multiple targets without reloading, putting an adv. laser on the Blitz means you can hipfire most targets ~10m with a high degree of accuracy, thus saving you the 0.5 ADS time and helping to counteract the lower damage per shot. The Cyclone is the opposite, you have *half* the magazine size by default (25), but considerably more damage per shot - requiring only 3 headshots to kill a target without Nanoweave @ 6m. However, as you only have 25 in the magazine, an extended mag is almost a must. The extra rounds let you engage multiple targets without having to reload after a single kill, and the added benefit from an adv. laser just doesn't quite cut it in comparison.

In summary, the Cyclone frontloads damage a lot more, has slightly better effective ranges, extended mag is almost mandatory and thus isn't quite as strong in hipfire and as a weapon it's generally more rewarding if you're accurate, so ADS more often than you would with the Blitz. You get less reserve ammunition, and I find it's less forgiving.

The Blitz is the more forgiving of the two, allowing you to hipfire a lot more than you would normally, especially with all that extra magazine size. Don't expect to win all your fights against higher damaging guns or shotguns at close range, but the extra benefit of not going ADS can save you half a second worth of reaction time or just flat out shooting.

Personal preference; I prefer the Cyclone.

As for the GD-7F, it's the NC's fastest firing gun, being on par with the Blitz @ 845rpm, except packing 143 damage instead of 125. The recoil is towards one side, meaning you can actively counter it and keep your gun on target, whereas SMGs have an equal left-right recoil, so you can expect your gun to kind of shake as you shoot it. Overall, it's a great gun for close quarters, you'll rip people apart if you know how to use it, but you'll burn ammunition too. Don't expect to be killing more than 2 people in a magazine unless you have the jump on them all, and actively try for headshots/conserving ammunition.

I wouldn't recommend using this in anything more than tiny bursts past medium range, it does have a select-fire if you wish to single-shot it, but you won't really be killing anyone who isn't already wounded by doing so. Attachments come down to preference, soft-point and adv. laser mean you can excel in close to medium ranges, which is the kind of ranges you'd use this in.

That's pretty much my impression of these guns, test them in the VR, try using them how you'd expect to use them normally (moving/shooting, different states of ADS/hipfire) and then if possible trial them in-game.
  11. TeknoBug

For LA I wouldn't even consider using an SMG, now that's out of the way I'm not a big fan of fast rof/low damage weapons so Cyclone would be my choice. Other than that I prefer the Razor GD-23 and occasionally Compact S (because it offers SPA) and can still hit the barn when outside ideal range unlike the GD-7F.
  12. Messaiga

I love the Compact S on my Engi. I put an UBGL on the rail and I call it my Mini-Mortar.
  13. Visk

Cyclone. I can vouch for its effectiveness:

[IMG]