Blitz or Cyclone

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Hotyfo, May 18, 2013.

1. Hotyfo

I just got some station cash and am wondering which gun to buy. I was also thinking about the GD-75 or a shotgun like the bruiser. Any suggestions or other guns i should get?
  2. Sea of Ink

Shotty for 5m or closer. Blitz is good for 0-20m-ish and has fantastic hipfire. gd-7f has a bit more versatility than either and is good for 0-40m-ish, but you'll typically chew up nearly an entire clip for each kill. Cyclone is a good gun, but I don't use it, so I don't feel qualified to comment on it. The huge advantage w/ a pump is that you can kill 20+ people w/o having to break off your attack. Any other LA gun and you'll have to break off after 7-8 kills to search for ammo.

All depends on your play style and what you want to do. If you prefer not getting close, than none of the guns you mentioned are ideal.
  3. Benton!

If you get a shotty, consider a semi-auto. If not, get the Blitz or Cyclone, gd-7f is pretty much crap.
  4. Sea of Ink

uh... gd-7f is nc's best carbine.
    • Up x 6
  5. D-Spirith

6. GSZenith

blitz if you want to die to every HA while shield still up.
    Cyclone if you wanna kill ppl.
  7. Flashtirade

The Cyclone hits the hardest out of all the SMGs, at 167 max. That's Gauss Rifle damage right there, in a hipfire gun. Of course, its clip size is small, and you generally can't engage more than one person at a time, but it's powerful for something that small. It's higher damage also means it can be used out to range better than the other SMGs. Not much better, mind you, but the reach is there. Great for infiltrators, especially with a silencer.

The Blitz is more Rambo-style gun. Slap a double laser on it and just run into rooms for kills (bonus points for being a heavy using a shield). It's better used unsilenced (the range is short to begin with) and on classes made for straight offense (heavies, medics, LAs).

I don't like the GD-7F for some reason. I feel its rapid bloom really limits it, and it can only be used for 2 classes. In close quarters, I'd rather have an SMG or a shotgun. It's not a bad gun, but it's just not to my tastes.
    • Up x 4
  8. lilleAllan

I'm with this guy (except endorsing the shotgun - do not choose the path of the dog.)

Compared to the GD-7F, the Blitz trades TTK and range for better hipfire and more bullets in the clip.
    With the Blitz you will lose some CQC encounters due to the low dmg, so I run GD-7F on my LA.
    I honestly bought the Blitz because it was on sale - would've probably gotten the Cyclone with extended mags since it seems to have better TTK and more range, while I'm guessing the hipfire is still decent without laser - but who knows.
  9. Xhaleon

Cyclone.

No matter how many certs you throw into attachments, nothing can make a weapon hipfire better than it can be used while ADS (except the Lasher, crazy aliens).

All SMGs already have a 0.75x move multiplier. You're not losing a lot if you use ADS with them more often. The Cyclone has a small enough default hipfire cone to be used in all practical situations where hipfire is favorable over ADS, and it is better than the Blitz in all situations of the opposite. In both situations, the bloom of the Blitz will cause you to put bullets in walls more often than the Cyclone, and have to stop firing to recover more often. With extended mags, it has almost the same amount of damage per magazine as the Blitz, a unique situation compared to the other factions' SMGs.
  10. Purple

I use the cyclone most of my play time and have 850 kills with it. it packs a punch when you put softpoint ammo on it and will let you run and gun well. although exstended mag is a must.
  11. Bankrotas

Calling it NC carbine, is like calling New Conglomerate itself TR's lapdog.
  12. urida

Blitz FTW!!
  13. loleator

gd7f -> blitz -> shotgun
  14. TheArchetype

Not anymore. They nerfed all high RoF carbines' versatility at range. Now, the GD-7F is inferior to smgs. Downright redundant.
    • Up x 1
  15. Messaiga

Go with the Cyclone. The higher damage per bullet gives it more kills per magazine, more DPS than the Blitz, more range than a shotgun, and better hipfire than the GD-7F. Overall it is that one gun that appears to almost be a jack of all trades for most situations.
    • Up x 1
  16. Sea of Ink

Except it's not an SMG. It's a carbine. Therefore, it's still NC's best carbine. However, that said, I do agree that it's inferior to the blitz and possibly the cyclone.
  17. TheArchetype

Sure does say something when the "NC's best carbine" is worse than an SMG at range.
    • Up x 2
  18. A 59 c

Yes I found the GD-7F COF bloom whilst shooting mid flight far too large so have switched to Cyclone for my LA. was very surprised as I thought carbines would have been better here. Wonder why they got nerfed?
  19. ThElement078

Since you are light assault, get a shotgun. You can easily hit targets even while flying and easily get to a position where you can dominate with the shotgun. Try the Mauler if you want a semi-auto shotty. It has better range than the other shotguns which is a HUGE bonus. I am not sure what pump-action shotty is better though, don't really know the difference between the bruiser and the claw.

If you want to engage targets at slightly longer ranges than with the shotgun, you may want the SMGs. Personally, I favor the Cyclone, due to it's SUPER high DPS and damage, which makes it able to kill targets more easily than almost any gun in the game, but since you are tunning
    light assault, the blitz is better. Due to the ability to use the advanced laser sight on the Blitz, you can accurately place shots even while on the move (while hip-firing of course) and while using your jetpack. With this you can maximize the Light Assaults mobility.

TL DR 1. Mauler shotgun if Into semi-auto shotties, any of the pump-actions

2. Blitz SMG SINCE YOU ARE LIGHT ASSAULT
  20. HeadshotVictim

Cyclone... for LA, Medic, Eningeer, Infi :D