Blaze of Glory (Team Play)

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by Maer, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Maer

Auraxis Beckoned - We Will Answer

... When this indefinite hiatus ends. Outfit currently closed, in need of renovation, and still better than your current outfit.

Blaze of Glory [BOG] is a competitive outfit on the Jaeger server.

http://www.BlazeofGlory.co

We currently have ~180 members, and focus on squad-oriented gameplay. We co-op with some of the larger outfits for continent pushes, but most of our activity is coordinated single squad base captures. If one of the bigger bases takes more than 30 minutes to capture after we arrive, we're not likely to smash our heads against the wall.

Our most active time is between 8PM EST and 12AM EST. We're currently recruiting for all timeslots however, and plan on maintaining our forces after prime time.

I have extensive FPS, MMO and leadership experience. I have been playing Battlefield for years, competitively and casually. I play Everquest 2 and I am an active contributor to the top guild worldwide. Several people in this outfit have similar backgrounds, and everyone here is actively pursuing excellence in Planetside 2.

We have several simple requirements:

Voice communication - You must be able to listen to instruction in Ventrilo. In-game voice functions less than satisfactory more often than not, and is not versatile enough for us to use strictly.

Team play - If we're doing squad play or pushing a continent, you absolutely must be with us. If you're playing with friends, they're welcomed to come along. If you're more interested in solo farming certs than playing with your outfit, this is not the place for you.

Act appropriately - In the course of squad play, nothing is more frustrating than dysfunction. Don't go around shooting your teammates, joking or not. When it comes to recruiting, nothing adds difficulty like hypocrisy. Act respectful, follow instruction, and don't grief. I can't expect quality from recruits if we can't present quality to recruits.

18+ - A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, some kid's mom yelled at me for being mean to her son. That's that.

We are currently recruiting the following:

BR10+ - Unfortunately, I'm not overly interested in teaching people how to play. While exceptions have been and will be made for people whom I have first hand experience with, this is a basic filter for people who are taming the game, not the enemy.

Squad Leaders - Vocal but not obnoxious. People who will put things together in my absence, and contribute positively to our efforts when co-opping with other outfits. I want people who I can put in charge of OTHER outfit's forces and still achieve a desirable outcome without confrontation. Certifications preferred, or willing to obtain them.

Pilots - Gals are a huge part of this game. Unfortunately, they're also one of the riskiest parts of the game. There is nothing worse than piling an entire squad into a ship, getting off the ground, getting under fire and helplessly dying mid-air. Skilled pilots are essential to not only surviving this situation, but avoiding it altogether.

PS1 Veterans - Call of Duty players may know how to point and click, but Planetside is an experience all it's own. My co-leader is a long time Planetside player, and there are simply things that can only be learned on Auraxis. As such, we are willing to tag anyone of any BR if they have extensive Planetside experience.

Ranking:

The way we handle ranking is fairly straight-forward.

Upon joining, recruits will be moved up to the recruit rank. You have few permissions, and are basically in your trial period. You may stay here indefinitely for one of a few reasons, or be promoted to member by an officer. Things like not getting on voice comms, refusing to participate in outfit activity, griefing, or just being an ***. All of the above can just as easily get you removed from the outfit, depending on the situation.

Members have invite permissions and are expected to use them. If you play with someone exceptional, drop the outfit name. Talk to them. More people means more activity, and I can't recruit alone. Officers will be hand-picked from the membership as necessary, as will any luxury rankings we decide to add.

If you're interested in applying

*NOTE* Change of pace here. Futher recruitment requests will be handled through the website. I want to know that EVERYONE applying to the outfit has signed up for the website. No excuses.

Posts within this thread will be regarded with scrutiny and possibly declined.
    http://www.BlazeofGlory.co
  2. Maer

BUMP. I'm entitled to one every rank up.

BR39!
  3. nBuddaz

Add me on steam.
    Username: nZwieFka
  4. Maer

Added. BUMP for BR40!
  5. Cadium

I added you in game. I'm quite interested. Current rank 12.

Perhaps not the best shooter in the world, but I've always been more than a strategist.
    Preferred Class: Heavy Infantry, Light
    Can fill in: Medic, Engineer.
    Dislike: Enemy Air to ground rockets.
    Current age: 21.
    I am not stupid.
    BR: 13
  6. Maer

Sounds good. I also dislike enemy air to ground rockets. Will PM you in game.

Raiding tonight on Everquest 2, so if I don't catch you tonight, I will be in touch.
  7. fafbot

8. Maer

BR41 Bump! Added you in-game fafbot. Will talk to you soon.
  9. Krystassium

Pretty twitchy, I know what I'm doing and where to go.
    Preferred Class: Engineer
    Dislike: Heavy Assaults
    Current age: 16
    Pretty chill guy, just like to have fun.
    BR: 16
  10. Maer

Because you quoted my entire Original Post, I'm going to give you a shot. Just be aware that the atmosphere is fairly adult. I'm sure that won't be a problem, but I'm giving you fair warning :)
    • Up x 1
  11. Krystassium

Alright, then add me. Btassium.
  12. Monitor

If you're looking for people who are all coordinated and reliable, use voice, work toward achieving objectives rather than just farming certs, this group is great, enjoying the heck outta it since I joined.

<24 heavy assault
  13. Maer

Would be better with a few more people! BUMP!
  14. Nastyhobbit

Nastyhobbit
    Preferred Class: none
    BR14
  15. Maer

Hey there Mr. Hobbit.
    I'm about to head to work, so I'll get in touch with you later tonight, or next time you're on. Feel free to contact any of our members for an invite if you see them around.
  16. overk1ll

Overkl11
    Preferred Class: Engineer/HA/Max (I mostly like to roll in armor)
    BR15
  17. Maer

Welcome aboard you two. Hope to see you around often. Overkl11, I hope you have a skyguard unlocked :p
  18. AlloyBriggs

Name: AlloyBriggs
    BR: 22
    Preferred Class - LA, HA, Engineer (currently saving certs for LA C4 2 and Jump Jet 6)
    Specialize in flanking and aggressive recon as LA, will play any other role needed, but won't have cert dictated specialties in any class outside my three preferred roles just yet. Plan to have all classes certed eventually.
    Have squad spawn beacons, and AMS sundy with Combat Chassis 1 and Blockade Armor 1.
    Beta Alpha Squad Member since September.
    Premium Member since game launch.
    No experience with stand alone VoIP clients, so may need some basic instructions to join in chat.
    Have one friend I play with rather frequently who may or may not apply, and two very casual IRL friends who play twice a month tops.
    I play at least 3 days a week, from 730/8-11/1130 give or take. Play every Friday and Saturday night, barring familial obligations, 8-wee morning hours.
    I've seen you on global chat handling business, and I've run out of patience trying to squad lead pubs/focus the zerg, let's work lol
  19. Pitbull87

Name: Pit8ull
    BR : 10

Preferred Classes - Infiltrator and Engineer. (I'm also not sure which of the two assault classes I like better just yet.)
    Vehicles : Sythe and Libarator (Slowly buying upgrades for both, so far small cert upgrades and secondary weapons)
    (I love being a pilot in this game, I haven't really tried the Galaxy yet though.)

I'll be honest, I'm new to this game, however I have been playing PC FPS's all my life. I have been in competitive CoD clans in the past so I believe I can be an asset to your Outfit. I'm no pro, but I'm not a noob either. I'm not much of a leader but follow instructions well. It have pretty much played alone to this point and am looking for some incentive to keep playing.

I am on typically around the times you have listed.
  20. overk1ll

Thanks, and no I don't, but that can be my next unlock; are you talking about for the Max, or the Magrider?