[Suggestion] Blatant Cheating - How to address it

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Djemo, Oct 8, 2022.

1. Djemo

So I am still amazed to this day that cheaters casually flying around aimbotting people and spawning within rocks and aimbotting people with turrets is still a thing, a thing that seems noone cares to address.

I have been playing the same since beta, and put a fair amount of money into it as well. I'm constantly seeing those notes on the deployment screen stating "do you hunger for victory, we hunger for food etc." , honestly I can't see how these can even be there with a straight face when you are asking people to support you if you aren't even bothering to address this cheater problem that is long stretching and so blatantly obvious that it is happening and ruining the gameplay experience for hundreds daily, why would someone have a monthly subscription to that? I was planning to purchase more DBC in the following months since coming back from a hiatus, but seeing the same issues of blatant cheating persist the same as it was before I left isn't really putting me in the mood to spend cash here.

I will give the benefit of the doubt here and pin this negligence to a lack of money to hire people as admins rather than complete indifference to the issues, and while it is understandable for a game this old to have staffing issues you can ride that excuse only so long before people get complete tired and leave.

So with hiring payed admins to work around the clock not being a possibility I would suggest community admins. To clarify how I would feel this could work, basically you have so many people who still play this game so many years after its launch, you have people covering each of your updates, making guides and videos and streams of things like outfit wars.

There is a dedicated following here who cares to this day, and from which you can reap from to help you here. Take from this group of people, announce a community admin program starting and take from the applicants those that you feel you can trust, and get a few of them from varied timezones to increase coverage. I feel someone who played this game for so many years, and has skin in the game through multiple purchases/monthly subscriptions would not risk being a ******* and abusing this.

Even so just to fool proof this, these "community admins" could be allowed to only place 24h bans rather than permaban someone, so even if you do end up with some ****** the damage he/she can do would be minimal, and I doubt someone would risk their years old developed account going on a 1000 people banning spree for the lulz.

Please consider this, or something else, but please do something.

I doubt peoples patience will last forever.
    • Up x 1
  2. Johannes Kaiser

I took a break recently, returned yesterday, played around 4 hours in the last 2 days. 3 cheaters.
    Not a good start.
    • Up x 1
  3. Djemo

Literally 3 cheaters just this morning, ******* DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.
  4. shoguncawwill

ther are ways to fix this with updates to elua referencing to the united states computer fraud and abuse act. And the other way is to fix the net code with packet safeguards.
  5. Amodin

DBG first need to give any two bits of a flying shiz about addressing them. Then they may, MAY actually do something about them.
    It's gotten so bad, it feels like PS1 before it went the way of the dodo.
    Reporting does nothing. Calling them out to everyone does nothing, because their fkx given are also at zero, because they also know nothing will be done with the cheaters.
    • Up x 1
  6. jeffreylogan74