Black screen then game out of sync

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by evansra, Mar 16, 2014.

1. evansra

I have been experiencing the bug where the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds then comes back, many others have reported this bug but I have seen no mention on here about the after effects I experience.

When I get the back screen blink afterwards I find the game is out of sync with the server and a cannot hurt people, I also appear to be very hard to hit for hostiles as well, prob due to me appearing to bug out from their point of view.
    Also on some occasions I get the black blink and can still hurt people but it appears I am still buged as they find it hard to hit me and they appear to move randomly/jerky.

I wonder if this bug is also part of the same issue as the no dmg bugs going around at the moment? I heard its due to nvidea drivers but I have updated to the most recent one released a couple of days ago and its still the same, It is making the game unplayable as I have to relog every time it happens(every10-15 mins).

Please fix!
  2. Diplocaulus

I experienced the same thing, including the out of sync part. Infantry was dancing around, moving through walls etc. so much that at first I thought I was surrounded by hackers. Nothing to do but restart the game.

As for the black screen, as you suggest I suspect what's happening is that something in Planetside 2 is in conflict the the NVIDIA drivers causing the graphics card to slow down, then freeze. When a GPU becomes unresponsive for about 3 seconds or longer Windows will step in and force the GPU to reboot. Why this results in a sync problem I don't know, however it's happened to me only rarely. (Knock on wood!)
    • Up x 1
  3. antip

4. Diplocaulus

Happened twice to me today during about 90 minutes of play, though I didn't stick around long enough to see if things were de-synced.