Black screen/entire computer freeze with old drivers.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BlackDove, Feb 25, 2014.

1. BlackDove

It's not just the new drivers that do this, like the other thread says.

It's been doing it since one of the recent updates(one right before the 1.7GB patch), even with the incredibly stable 314.22 drivers.
  2. Stromberg

good thing I didn't bother to downgrade then.
  3. TheAppl3

Using 327.23, no issues. Very old drivers can be just as bad of an idea as extremely new ones. Things update for reasons. I'd specifically try 327.23 and shy away from anything newer.
  4. BlackDove

Its an old GPU and those are the most stable drivers for a lot of people. Theres a post by Higby about a known issue with the new drivers but its the new update not the drivers thats the issue. Clean installing older drivers doesnt fic it foe those who have the issue.

The black screen causes 100% load and then a system lockup if ypu dpmt alt tab and close ps2.exe. There are currently a lpt of these threads with people using various drivers.
  5. GerrTier

Have same problem. This happens only in PS2.
  6. Stevenmadcap

yep same here just brought the gigabyte gtx 780 in planetside2 it just goes blank screen then comes back on as if nothing happened NO EVENT LOG in event files i looked, so it must be the game it's annoying because you just get killed as you cannot see anything for a 30 secs or so I'm half relieived it's sounds like the game NOT MY BRAND NEW LOVELY GTX 780 Oh and i have installed the latest nvidia driver
  7. GerrTier

Your problem is in latest drivers. Had same too, but then install older version and now black screen and only reboot helps.