Black screen crash

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BadHabitz, Sep 14, 2015.

1. BadHabitz

I reformatted my computer, and recently tried to get PS2 working. The game worked fine a year ago. Both before and after I'm using Windows 7.
    I experienced my problem after installing through Steam. I uninstalled and then installed from the PS2 website. Both installations share the same problem.

When I open PS2, I get the launcher as I should. When I hit PLAY, my screen goes complete black for 5-10 seconds or so, then it vanishes to reveal my desktop. About 20-30 seconds after that the launcher just closes on its own.
    So I'm assuming the launcher closes automatically on a timer after you hit PLAY, but since you're usually ingame, it happens in the background and you don't notice (or care).

Validating Game Assets has been tried many times with no change. My Nvidia drivers are up to date, [ v355.82 ].
  2. BadHabitz

Update: Uninstalled and reinstalled on a different hard drive. No change.
  3. schmindl

try it again.i can play with my dual core.
  4. iZUM

There was a tweet on off.twitter account that a hotfix is coming. Should be ok now.
  5. Thebrat

Alot of other players are experiencing this problem (myself included) currently I have tried everyting (reinstalled planetside 2 twice, validated all files, lowered graphics...ETC). The only thing we can currently do is to wait for a hotfix.
  6. BadHabitz

Wonderful. :eek: Thanks
  7. xXTOPWOLFXx

Are you guys still having this issue? and are all of us using dual cores? Im still crashing after a black screen after several reinstalls etc etc.
  8. BadHabitz

Updated to latest service pack 1 version of Win7 Ultimate 64bit, and it works