Black laucher

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by DutchCraft, Feb 19, 2015.

1. DutchCraft

I have a problem guys, and I hope some of you have an answer to this:

When I start up my launcher I first get the normal launcher with an loading circle in the middle, and I can't click the minimize or close button. After about 3 seconds the launcher turns completely black but when I hightlight it with my mouse the text "Error: Unknown error occured"

I have looked up this problem on the internet and a lot of people have had this problem in the past, but that was when the SOE dns servers failed. I can access all the SOE websites, and I have turned my firewall off. Nothing happens. I have completely re-installed the game, nothing happens again. I have restarted my computer without any services running (a thing that has fixed quite some previous problems for me in the past) but still a black launcher. I have played this game for more then a year now, so my computer can run it for sure (battlefield hardline and AC unity also run smooth) my internet connection is good enough and I have checked for virussus that may interfere.

I am hopeless guys, please help me D:

//Dutch
  2. DutchCraft

Bump, please help!
  3. user300115

4. DutchCraft

64.37.171.24lp.soe.com
    64.37.174.148lvspsn-liv-l01.planetside2.com
    80.239.178.24manifest.patch.station.sony.com
    68.232.45.253pls.patch.station.sony.com
    69.174.204.11forums.station.sony.com
    69.174.202.136account.station.sony.com
    64.37.171.29auth.station.sony.com
    64.37.171.22planetside2.com
  5. user300115

6. DutchCraft

I've tried it, didn't work :/ Thanks for trying to help though
    • Up x 1
  7. DutchCraft

8. TSR AlexS Customer Service

9. Breach

So my fix that worked for ME, tried resetting internet options and whatnot plus changed host file too, all not useful because all i did was log out for 1/2 hour, where my comp sat idle, logged in and black screen so in my head I knew it wasn't anything I did in the first place so checking internet settings and such was a waste of time.

Anyway left for work, got back and **** still not working, so I deleted the LaunchPad.libs Folder and any file named Launchpad*, I then downloaded the ps2_setup.exe from the ps2 website and ran that which in turn replaced the launchpad files with fresh ones.

Logged in right away after that boys, good luck!
    • Up x 1