BioLabs Are ruining this game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by weap0nkil, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Gammit

I love fighting in biolabs.
    • Up x 3
  2. Ghostfox

Explain to me why the attacker should always get the advantage?

They now have the advantage in the vast majority of bases in the game. Biolabs are now one of the lone exceptions to this. So why should the advantage be taken away from the defenders?

The problem I see with attackers on biolabs are those who don't take the time to organize a push. People just go in fully piecemeal to get chewed up in the grinder.
    • Up x 2
  3. Jourmand1r

Fighting an even fight in a biolab > driving across the map desperately hoping you run into an enemy player who isnt actively trying to avoid combat.
    • Up x 1
  4. bPostal

Tear down the walls! Put it on the ground so the tanks can get in! Move the spawn shack 200m away!
    • Up x 1
  5. Fugly

Until the number entry points to biolabs are at least doubled, or a countermeasure to player's flocking to biolabs is put into place, I don't plan on playing the game again. What we currently see isn't even fighting inside the biolabs.

The stupidity that is teleporter room/landing pad farming with over half the population crammed into 0.1% of the map has ruined the game for me. I want game play back to what it was in September and October when people enjoyed the variety of gameplay and didn't care about the most certs per hour.
  6. Gavyne

Do people ever read the other threads on the forum? The very same day someone's complaining about how everybody's at bio labs only, there's a thread complaining about everybody being at the crown. Before tech plant changes it was complaints about everybody being at the tech plants. How about people stop complaining about how everybody's always at such & such place, because each server, each day, things are often different. What you see isn't necessarily what other people see, so in essence there's probably no problem at all.

Players decide where they want to go, different Outfits, squads, solo players, servers, tend to prefer different things. There's nothing wrong with bio labs, just as there's nothing wrong with the crown, and nothing wrong with the old tech plant.
    • Up x 1
  7. Ghostfox

Organize a push then. They work very effectivly.

I cannot tell you how many times I've ran into places where people were being skittish and just pecking and had to force the offensive forward myself. Usually it just takes that one person to push out to start the carnage to gain a foothold.
    • Up x 1
  8. forkyar

@op,you cant force people to play how you want,no to what you said.
    • Up x 1
  9. Dasmasterneko

Young padowan that is not nearly enough! How are the zepher cannons supposed to hit them if they have roof over their heads? No no no this will not do! Rip off the roofs and light up the base like a Christmas tree i say so even the blindest of lib gunners can see!
    • Up x 1
  10. MuNrOe

Whats wrong don haven't figured out how to get your reaver into the bio lab yet ?

My biggest problem is I cant drive a tank in there and camp the spawn room like I can with every other base.

When I get to a bio lab its very boring for me sitting in my tank with nothing to shoot at.

/sacasm off
  11. bPostal

Ah, I see!
    Then I say, in the spirit of Christmas...give all liberators free thermal optics!
    • Up x 1
  12. Seph Kurai

Biolabs are a haven on my server. At least there a single person can actually do something. Try playing on my server where you step out of the spawn and get nuked by 10 liberators.
  13. Bill Hicks

The should allow rocket pods in biolab IMO
  14. Tigga

As others have said biolabs are fun as they're the only place you can enjoy infantry combat without unexpected explosions coming from the sky which you personally can do very little to prevent. As an added bonus there are also no unexpected exploisions caused by ground units either.

As for too defensable - they are not. The defender has more of an edge in bio labs than most other bases (not all IMO), but most bio labs have plenty of entrances. If the 4 entrances get camped so badly that a reasonably sized max crash or similar can't break through the the simple solution is to stop trying to attack and let it be camped. The defenders will soon get bored once people stop trying and move out, and the attack can start over again.
    • Up x 2
  15. Dasmasterneko

I agree. That is a lovely idea and it will work wonders for the balance of the game. Those dirty peasants on the ground should have known better.
    • Up x 2
  16. Vlayde

I have no problem with the Biolab standoffs that last for hours.

I do however have a problem when the faction that's defending the biolab has no other territories connected to it but can still keep endlessly spawn infantry and pull vehicles.

This is why the NTU system needs to come out soon.
    • Up x 2
  17. siiix

SOME people are ... and thats how it should be, the ones who love vehicle battles go zerg and the ones that love infantry defending bases

the game is working as intended... there is absolutely nothing wrong with the game as far as infantry or vehicle

and BTW this is NOT a FPS this is a war simulator... witch of course includes infantry FPS, but thats just a part of the game
  18. Xae

It is bad design to have "boredom" be the best tactic in a game.
    • Up x 1
  19. siiix

also before it was the tech plants... so what COULD happen is that sony make it easier to capture biolabs like they did with the tech plants (and I think they should)

BUT that will make a lot of people very unhappy, it will be nothing but whining and crying on the forum after ... who is in majority is hard to say .. both sides of the coin are valid points in my opinion
  20. Xae

The dumb thing is that Tech Labs weren't even this defensible. A Single Sundy with AV troopers and a gate buster could suicide run their AMS easy. It is just that people didn't do it.
    • Up x 2