[Suggestion] Bio lab fix?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jube, May 24, 2013.

1. Jube

With the new lattice system Bio labs have become a nightmare bottle neck fight. (imo)
    I just dread attacking a Bio labs these days, because this is what happens. We go in to a lightly defended Bio lab and Blam instantly there are two platoons in the spawn room and we get easily pushed out. The fight will rage for hours and become a cert farm.
    This is largely because of the new lattice system and the recent loss of the SCU generator. This give the defenders plenty of time to get organized (too much imo) to respond to the attack, and when they do they only need to spawn in and they are in perfect position to defend.
    Since the SCU can't be taken out until the base is 75% taken I suggest that the spawn room be moved to the ground level. It doesn't have to be far away from the base. But at least this would end the instant spam defense and give the attackers a fighting chance.

What do you think?
  2. RedPsycho

What do I think? I think it sounds more and more like PS1 fights! Back in PS1 if you could keep a consistent stream of ANTs keeping the NTUs up fights could last for hours! I think the only thing that PS2 is lacking that would help those stalemates is a way for a Base to go Neutral. Would a ANT+NTU system be the way to go? Possibly, because it would also require base up keep giving those people who scream for something more to do, something more to do.
    • Up x 1
  3. Patrician

PS2 fights are supposed to last for hours so the lattice system is working as intended?
  4. OriginalPodster

I agree about NTU dependency - suicidal NTU runs (along with LLU runs) are what I most miss about PS1. I do hope they're planned...
  5. S1eB

Are you implying that they weren't a nightmare bottleneck before Lattice?

They have always been a nightmare bottlebneck, the BIO lab needs redesigning in my opinion. It's to easy to block any access to attackers. If the defenders have enough people then no one is getting in the BIO lab.

All you need to do is have people either side of the teleport rooms, people at the main entrance and people in the rooms opposite the teleport rooms and you might as well just give up because you are not going to get through.
  6. Jube

Did I say the Lattice system wasn't working? I don't remember that.
    What I said was since the SCU can't be taken out until the Bio lab is 75% taken the spawn room should be move to ground level so that defenders would have to actually work to defend, instead of just instantly spawning into a easy defense.