Binoculars would be nice

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Titanshells, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Who Garou

It's not that you can't use your primary weapon slot.
    It's that you can't use a primary weapon.
    Binoculars are not a weapon.
    • Up x 2
  2. Navron

Amen.
    • Up x 1
  3. Heyitsrobbie1984

I honestly feel that to make this work, the binoculars must auto-spot everything with in a field of view
    works against every class and vehicle except infiltrators.
  4. Sevinos

I like the idea of binoculars (Give Stalkers more utility and we could have people sniping in pairs, one Stalking and watching the environment/picking targets), but I'm not sold on the auto-spot. I feel like people would just ribbon spam it by getting on top of a tower/cliff and using a lower magnification scope with higher render distance so they see a billion people at once.

What if the binoculars gave you information, similar to what the Enhanced Targeting and Rangefinder implants? You could see their health and shields, and their distance from you. I considered adding "what weapon they're holding", but I'm not sure what advantage that would give, other than picking your fights more carefully.
    • Up x 1
  5. MisterSlim

This is called spotting, and I LOVE that you brought it up. I've always wanted to see a sniper/spoter system in-game.

I think that would be a fantastic idea. Not only would it help with immersion, but I think it would take sniping from the current big-daddy-slaughter-factory (from a distance) role to a more team based offensive support role. +1 good sir.

-Stay Frosty
  6. FeralBoy

If a cloaker had a set of binoculars I would just assume the dirty little ratfink stole them from an Engineer.
    *Now back to your regularly scheduled program.*
  7. FeralBoy

I do remember back in BF1942 that a scout using binoculars for artillery support was very useful at times. More discussion and ideas are in order I feel.
  8. Who Garou

I'm for the binoculars, but I'm against them operating in a spotting method that is different from spotting as it is.

Yes, call outs and individual spotting of targets.

This makes the binoculars seem less OP. It also means less work for the DEVs to implement Binoculars.

If anything, I would ask for the fire button to work as Q while the binoculars are aimed and not be able to Q when they are not aimed (aimed = raising the binoculars up like a scope).

The call out is there for a reason. It's like you're radioing in the location of the enemy. I'm not against that mechanic at all.
    It's the price you pay to point out the enemy to your allies.