[Suggestion] Binoculars Recon tool.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by cbplayer, Sep 29, 2015.

1. cbplayer

A tool that goes on the recon spot, replacing the motion darts or the motion spotter.
    After equipping the tool left click to view through it, and right click to cycle through NV and thermal vision (If you upgrade it to that point). Mouse wheel controls gradual zoom between 2x and 6x zoom (which can be upgraded to 14x zoom). The binoculars also able to let the user see the last person they spotted through walls.

The binoculars would have 3 upgrades;
    First upgraded increase max zoom from 6x to 12x
    Second upgrade allows the user to use night vision
    finale upgrade gives thermal vision.

Generally I would prefer this from the recon dart or the motion spotter because I rather spot from a distance.
    • Up x 3
  2. Leivve

Titanshells suggested this but in the primary slot.

I commented on putting it into recon. The problem with your idea is you can already "snipe spot" enemies from a distance. If this was to be useful, I would suggest they make it spot enemies like open world games do. You silently spot them, but it only last for half the time of a normal spot (believe Q spot is 15 seconds), and allies can't see it through walls and other obstructions.

So you get the benefit of being able to quickly mark enemies from a distance, while still making Q spot on vital targets still necessary.
  3. cbplayer

If I could mark it for less amount of time, why should I use this over a 12x scope sniper rifle for spotting?
  4. Leivve

Because it auto spots them silently. You can still Q spot just like you can with a sniper. Plus they would have a wider FOV then a scope so it's more effective at finding targets to spot.
  5. cbplayer

That just sounds a tab broken, since it auto spots even well hidden enemies for you. There no real way you could hide from that the same way as hiding from a person.
  6. Leivve

You can't hide anyways. And it it wouldn't be a flash over the field thing. You'd have to actually sit on someone for a second. Plus it doesn't just spot everything in your sight. It works the exact same as q spotting, just you don't mark people for as long.

I explained all this in the original thread.
  7. Plastikfrosch

i like the idea, but i think it would be better on the LA.