Bigfoot Network Interface Cards

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by HellasVagabond, Nov 30, 2012.

1. HellasVagabond

Guys does PS2 have an issue with Bigfoot cards ?

I have the NIC2100 but PS2 is the only game that doesn't play well....The maps freeze while i'm moving, the terrain gets all blury and sometimes i can fall in it...The only thing that helps is Alt+Tab twice....But that's not a solution....And then we have the lag...OH THE LAG....Why oh WHY did you people close the Beta and went retail with a game that has so many issues is beyond me.
  2. Ecko

Have you tried playing with and without the card? Otherwise, you can't say for sure it's because PS2 is conflicting with your card.
  3. Mogon

I tried it with and without the card, and playing with the normal ethernet plug on the Motherboard doesnt really make much of a change. I tried this when I was getting immense lag while playing once, and neither offered any improvement, so I don't think its your card (I have a 2100 also)
  4. SlicedGB

I have the Killer2100 and have no problem what so ever with it. This includes PS2.
    Do you have the launcher and PS2.exe both at priority 1 and your other useless rubbish at 3/4?
  5. Freyar

Seems mor elike an issue with your system loading terrain.
  6. HellasVagabond

The thing is that even with the onboard X79 Intel GLan it does Exactly the same things, but sometimes even that is better.
    I recall that Bigfoot had an issue with some online games so perhaps PS2 is not optimized for such cards ?
  7. Mansen

More likely the case of poor settings - The Bigfoot cards allow you to tamper with a lot of underlying settings that you generally don't touch with good reason. They can cause performance changes both ways.
  8. HellasVagabond

Well considering that PS2 is not any better than it was during the beta i really doubt the Devs. spend time configuring/optimizing it with Network cards.
  9. SlicedGB

It works fine for me, so it has to be to do with something else.
    Have you updated to the latest drivers and set up the Bigfoot manager properly?
  10. HellasVagabond

Yeap....That it works fine with some people doesn't say much mate, configurations vary, so does the software one uses etc etc. That's why testing is never done in 1 system (that's also why we had the beta but nothing came out of it).