Big Ups Planetside 2 Staff - Client is more stable than I've EVER seen it!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MorganM, Apr 28, 2015.

1. MorganM

Memory leak... GONE
    Random crashes... GONE
    Desynchronization... GONE

I stayed online for almost 5 days straight with no issues what so ever. I could ALT + TAB over to it and play at any time and never be desynch'ed which was a cronic problem for many. If you played more than 6 or 8 hours you'd eventually get desynch'ed and your client would be using about 6GB of RAM.

Even after 5 days the planetside2.exe was only using 2.8 GB of RAM. I never once crashed in almost 5 days STRAIGHT; same character, never logged out or reloaded the client.

I'd just like to thank all the staff that made this possible. Frankly I'm not sure why you guys didn't call out these fixes in your patch notes more clearly nor why you aren't touting the success. A well deserved THANK YOU!
  2. FBVanu

Don't talk about it.. you might jinx it.... :eek:

But, yeah, it appears more stable than it was 4 months ago. Whatever they did.. DO MORE OF IT !
  3. zaspacer

How did you not get logged out for inactivity?
  4. toast2250

Poop bucket, pizza and liters of coca cola my friend to keep you going!
    That is how true pro gamers do it.
  5. ronjahn

Why leave the game running for so long? I couldn't imagine that being good for your computer, your score per hour, or the game servers.

I've also notice increased performance on my end, but not everyone has, for example day ofm one made a quit thread today based on poor server performance.
  6. HadesR

Dunno since the maint I have had a couple of random closures ... The client just closes .. No error, no warning nothing
  7. Yuki10

Memory leak... GONE
    Random crashes... GONE NOT FIXED
    Desynchronization... GONE NOT FIXED
  8. Ballto21

9. Yuki10

Just like everyone else - put a book on top of your keyboard while at warpgate so the dude keeps running into a wall corner?
    • Up x 1
  10. prodo123

I got two random crashes today.
    Desync happens once a week.

You're just lucky that you haven't had these things happen to you.
  11. Maxence822

I completely agree I've been getting better connection and framerate than ever before.
  12. zaspacer

Thx!

I did that (or variations) in EQ and totally forgot about it. :)
  13. Kentucky Windage

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
  14. Goretzu

I find the client very stable now, unfortunately I find the server performance pretty terrible. It seems you can only have one or the other. :(