Big Test update coming tonight (8/11)

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Aug 11, 2014.

1. d_carey Developer

Not 'big' like 'full of features'; but 'big' like 'important and meaningful.'

Note: I want to warn/inform you guys that our Test env is going to be more volatile from now on. We've moved all the events off Test to free it up to be exclusively for testing, which means you guys get newer stuff quicker. Which means it has more bugs, but that's what it's for, right? We'll be pushing stuff up as needed to get feedback quicker.

The Test deployment later tonight is go to have the PS4 integrated into it. At this point, that means you'll see some weird UI and input bugs, along with some other weird stuff potentially. Keep reporting whatever you see as you guys normally do, we'll sift through things.

Oh, and some incentive to go check this out: There's a certain new vehicle in the terminals...
    • Up x 21
  2. AdmiralArcher

awesome, cant wait :)
    • Up x 2
  3. ThePropain

I thought you said PC and PS4 crossplay isn't possible? :p
    Anyway, when is the exact downtime of this? The Valkyrie is waiting for its first testers, and I would like to be one of them...
    • Up x 1
  4. Jaedrik

OHHHHH BOYO!

I hope simply playing with a shiny new vehicle isn't the only incentive, because that won't prove enough for people who care little about it, such as infantry mains. Once a taste is had of it in the environment which is not target rich many who see themselves dedicating to the Valkyrie in the future will bug out. A reward for live such as the analyst helmet would be far superior, but I understand that assets may not be available to pour into creating new assets for test participants. It seems as if this is an update which does not require large fights and target rich environments for the type of feedback wished either way, yes.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ripshaft

oooh ooh ooh I cant wait, I bet it's the motobike i've always wanted!
    • Up x 2
  6. NevarxTR

Can't wait to test! Last test was very fun, hoping this one is too!
  7. Maelthra

That new mystery vehicle is the Thresher, right? :D
  8. Juno

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  9. Pikachu

There's no new vehicle in any terminal after this 450mb update. :mad:
    • Up x 1
  10. Juno

Yeah...

Maybe the 450MB one was a preliminary patch?
  11. ZephyrBurst

They didn't say it wasn't possible, just that they aren't doing it because of the process to update to the PS4 is much different than to PC. They want to be able to update/hotfix when they want on the PC, which isn't possible on the PS4.
    • Up x 1
  12. DatVanuMan

A new vehicle awaits, eh? I don't like flying, but I'll give it a tiny shot:) When is this update coming, Carey, my good man?
  13. chrisarn94

Well, there's only an hour left to put a new vehicle in then, because it apparently hasn't been released yet.
  14. xWadex

So what is the situation then? Buddy says there's no Valkyrie in the update, and when I launch PTS there simply isn't an update! :(
  15. Pikachu

All I got was a bbugged chat. Bugged strafe movement. Bugged camera turning for flash.
    • Up x 2
  16. RobotNinja

Is there any chance you guys are going to "tweak" the resource rate on the test server? I noticed you raised MAX costs by 100 points in line with MBT, Lib and Gal and then completely ignored the fact that right now the game is one massive neverending tank orgy. The problem isn't resources costs, it's the resource rate. Just wondering if you guys had any thoughts on this or if I'm just going crazy.
  17. daniel696

Just a troll patch, playing with our hearts.

Carey face at this very moment.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  18. Juno

I just tweeted Carey, it isn't happening tonight.
    Go to sleep. :(

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  19. Jeslis

Tank costs 450..
    People get 50 a minute..

Therefor they can only pull a tank once every 9 minutes (A little less then that if they start at 750 of course)..
    And THATS assuming that they don't spend ANY other nanites in that timeframe.

You used to be able to cert it down to 5 minutes, and as long as you stayed in vehicle hex's, resources were never a problem.

These are not the droids you are looking for.
    • Up x 5
  20. AndreDoc

[IMG]
    • Up x 1