Big C4/Light Assault nerf this morning.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Ghoest, Mar 1, 2013.

1. ladiesop

Detonating a C4 mid-air will make it do no damage, or that's what is seems like so far.
  2. Ghoest

No this is not a bug you can fix by relogging.

And its specific to turrets and seeming just C4.

I can damage turrets with guns. And my C4 blows up vehicles.
    I have tested this over probably 7 play sessions and 2 servers.
  3. Anantidaephobia

Well if 2 charges of C4 should be able to do that then there are a couple of bugs in game. I often put 2 C4s on a sunderer (top, behind, you name it...) and they never explode, they just get on fire. Same thing happens with heavy tanks (TR/NC). The problem is that, IIRC light assault can only carry 2 C4s ... so if all we can do is damage something that will be repaired right afterwards, we might as well stop investing resources into that useless (as far as vehicles are concerned) stuff.
  4. Achmed20

cant confirm that. blew up plenty of sundys today and everythign is like usual.
  5. Achmed20

2 c4 never were able to blow up a sundy just on their own.
  6. LibertyRevolution

You are not understanding... C4 is now as useful for killing turrets as a kobalt, as in it does 0 damage.

Waste 15secs and see what we mean:

This is NOT the "I don't do damage to things bug", or the "c4 is buggy and sometime don't seem to do damage"...
    This is the turrets are immune to C4 bug.
    • Up x 4
  7. Anantidaephobia

And today I tried with 3 ... same result.
    How are we supposed to destroy a sundy with an engineer either reparing it or hiding inside if you target him ?!?
    I was even unable to destroy one with 2 AV mines. I tried twice but to no avail ...
  8. WaRadius

Dropped 2 bricks on 2 engineers at their AI MANA turrets today - zero damage to anything. Had to shoot them down. On the other hand, tanks, sunderers, MAXes blew up just fine.
  9. Achmed20

place it on the back of the sundy.
    undless its got armor plates on it, then it doesnt realy matter where you put em. you wont get him beneath 20%
  10. FA_Q2

Have the same issue. Turrets are immune to C4.

Thanks for the vid for proof Liberty
  11. RasFW

I noticed this also affected tank mines vs turrets, too. Used to be able to drop a few and blow it up by shooting them, but it doesn't work any more.
  12. Ghoest

its still occurring I hope every one is reporting this in the in game bug report screen.
  13. Mythicrose12

Made a bug report of it myself. No change to vehicles, but damage to turrets was minimal (less than a single default HA rocket).
  14. Naturaliensammler

Not specific to C4. I also threw 4 AV mines at a turret and blew them up. To no effect. Not a single point of damage.
  15. Tadarlis

Just confirming another case of C4 uselessness.

All three factions of both anti air and anti vehicle turrets, all laced with two packs of C4. Not a single dent or scratch. Just a light show.
    • Up x 1
  16. spoono

c4 vs phalanx-turrets is bugged i think. cant do damage to turrets with c4
  17. Plague Rat

It's not a C4 problem, it's a turret problem. Currently they seem to be immune to all forms of splash damage, and only take damage from the direct hit weaponry. (A HA rocket will only do damage on a direct hit, but won't if it hits the ground next to the turret even though it's in the spash radius) So since C4, AP mines, and AT mines don't have a direct hit component and seem to function as 100% explosive splash, they deal no damage.

Personally, I don't mind this because it gives me an excuse to save my C4 for tanks/maxes/sundies/infantry surprises and leave the tanks, aircraft, and HAs to blow them or the infi's to hack them. C4ing turrets always seemed too resource heavy for the payoff.
  18. Ghoest

I mind it - I enjoy flanking a manned turret unnoticed then popping it.

And blowing up a gun emplacement seems like the natural thing you could possible do with C4.
  19. Crewell

Had it happen to me last night. Dropped a C4 on an AA turret, popped and nothing happened.
  20. Deathcapt

This morning I planted a c-4 and fired all 5 Hawk Rockets into the back of a stationary / abbandoned mag rider, and brought it to barely on fire like still 1/5 of it's hp left. I'm used to a c-4 + rocket to the back instagibbing tanks. Did they change the tank's rear armor resist?