Big C4/Light Assault nerf this morning.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Ghoest, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Ghoest

2 C4s no longer destroy a turret.
    twice this morning turrets failed to blow with 2 C4.

I havent had a chance to test them on anything else.
    • Up x 1
  2. ladiesop

I've found sometimes C4 will explode and do nothing recently, I'm not sure if it was lag missing the target in my case though.
  3. Radec594

This might be correlated with the ever growing "non-damage" weapon bug, where bullet hits don't register correctly even though you're shooting at someone point blank.
    • Up x 4
  4. Ghoest

0/3 now on turrets

But a lightning blew up just like it should.
  5. xNPCx

Is it possible they just increased the health or armor on the turrets?
  6. blzbug

Or their resistance to C4. Probably as a side-effect of increasing the turret resistance to other ordinance.
    Not that I would object to a turret buff. They are too-often useless.
    • Up x 3
  7. Ghoest

Well if 2 charges of C4 should be able to do anything they should be able to destroy a gun emplacement.

And Im 0/5 now Ive tried with both my NC and my Tr character.
    But it killed scythe just fine.
  8. Mythicrose12

Try killing them with HEAT and AP tank rounds. I think it takes a magrider (for instance) 5 HEAT, 4 AP usually. If another shot is needed, turrets might've gotten a slight health or damage resist buff.
  9. Paqu

Just tryed to take out AA turret with 2 bricks of C4, didn't work. That sure sucks. I didn't blow them often since I thought its better to save them for Maxes or tanks but occasionally I felt like helping the team a lot when I took out the phalax turret that was hammering my teammates.
  10. NaySayer

I sometimes have this issue. Tanks will always blow up for me, but sundies, AT/AA turrets, and even flashes will not take any damage at all from the c4 half the time. :(
    I demand a resource refund!! :mad:
  11. Ghoest

This isnt an occasional bug - something changed -today.

7 different times - across 2 servers. No damage every attempt.
  12. Wolfwood82

No damage or no destruction? Cause I have destroyed a turret with a single block of C4 since the last patch. It was previously damaged and I just wanted to finish it off.
  13. Ghoest

I tried a couple more this morningy - no damage.
  14. kylezor

Ya c4 isn't doing damage to turrets for me either.
  15. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Might be lag.
    Today, I wasted at least a squads worth of C4 doing more or less nothing.
    I've already had 2 C4s already take off 40% of off a sundy, in the past, but since yesterday evening, I saw a Vanguard take no damage from 2 C4, I had multiple times turrets would take no damage from a C4, and I had one weird case where I planted a C4 on the turret, moved 2 meters back and detonated it, and it exploded behind me somehow.
    Ended with 2 C4 and a damaged, but working turret, and me nearly dead.
    Also seen 2 C4 on a Sunderer, one of them worked, the other dropped right next to it, between 4 or 5 Infantry, and none of them took any damage. Nor did I, and I was certainly in the blast radius.
    I'm not sure being inconsistent would be a valid nerf, it's probably bugs galore.
  16. MadRon101

Yeah I noticed that as well, my c4 weren't even doing any damage to turrets, obvious bug not a nerf.
  17. MadRon101

I also destroyed sundies four times in a row with only 2 c4, I could have been lucky with them having already taken a little damage but I wouldn't bet on it. That's very lucky.

Think soe have been playing around with what it does and have messed up a bit.
  18. vaxx

Tried twice yesterday.

1 AA turret 100% health. 2 bricks of C4, was not even smoking.
    2 AA turret was hit by 1 tank round, 2 bricks of C4, no damage.
  19. Playbizzle

Its the new bug not being able to do any damage. This happens to me every ten minutes i have to relog! Has nothing to do with the c4
  20. Separatists

no wonder i couldnt blow up that sundy with less than 40% hp with my c4s... =/